The Application of Mathematical Programming Approaches to Estimating Container Port Production Efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robin Cross & Rolf Färe, 2008. "Farrell efficiency under value and quantity data," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 193-199, June.
- Figueiredo De Oliveira, Gabriel & Cariou, Pierre, 2015. "The impact of competition on container port (in)efficiency," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 124-133.
- Serebrisky, Tomás & Sarriera, Javier Morales & Suárez-Alemán, Ancor & Araya, Gonzalo & Briceño-Garmendía, Cecilia & Schwartz, Jordan, 2016. "Exploring the drivers of port efficiency in Latin America and the Caribbean," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 31-45.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Peter Wanke, 2016. "Efficiency in Chinese seaports: 2002–2012," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 18(3), pages 295-316, September.
- Deng, Ping & Lu, Shiqing & Xiao, Hanbin, 2013. "Evaluation of the relevance measure between ports and regional economy using structural equation modeling," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 123-133.
- Trujillo, Lourdes & González, María Manuela & Jiménez, Juan Luis, 2013. "An overview on the reform process of African ports," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 12-22.
- Pierre CARIOU & Gabriel FIGUEIREDO DE OLIVEIRA, 2015. "Les Déterminants De L'Efficience Portuaire : Une Analyse Des Ports À Conteneurs Méditerranéens," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 41, pages 83-99.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:63-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_jors.2015.91 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caldeirinha, V. M., 2011. "Size and specialization as determinant of iberian port performance: new methodology to group different ports," MPRA Paper 31957, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Odeck, James & Bråthen, Svein, 2012. "A meta-analysis of DEA and SFA studies of the technical efficiency of seaports: A comparison of fixed and random-effects regression models," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1574-1585.
- Hung, Shiu-Wan & Lu, Wen-Min & Wang, Tung-Pao, 2010. "Benchmarking the operating efficiency of Asia container ports," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(3), pages 706-713, June.
- Lita Iulian, 2011. "Tools used to benchmark the efficiency of container ports and terminals," Constanta Maritime University Annals, Constanta Maritime University, vol. 16(2), pages 69-72.
- Cavaignac, Laurent & Petiot, Romain, 2017. "A quarter century of Data Envelopment Analysis applied to the transport sector: A bibliometric analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 84-96.
- Jason Angelopoulos & Constantine Chlomoudis & Eustratia Dalvadani, 2014. "International Dock Work Conventions in the era of post-globalization," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 64(1), pages 5-15, january-m.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:75-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- María Manuela González & Lourdes Trujillo, 2009.
"Efficiency Measurement in the Port Industry: A Survey of the Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 43(2), pages 157-192, May.
- Gonzalez, M. & Trujillo, L., 2007. "Efficiency measurement in the port industry: a survey of the empirical evidence," Working Papers 07/08, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Güner, Samet, 2015. "Investigating infrastructure, superstructure, operating and financial efficiency in the management of Turkish seaports using data envelopment analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 36-48.
- Beatriz Tovar & Sergio Jara-DÃaz & Lourdes Trujillo, 2007.
"Econometric estimation of scale and scope economies within the Port Sector: a review,"
Maritime Policy & Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 203-223, June.
- Tovar, B. & Jara-Diaz, S. & Trujillo, L., 2007. "Econometric estimation of scale and scope economies within the port sector: a review," Working Papers 07/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Pérez, Ivone & Trujillo, Lourdes & González, María Manuela, 2016. "Efficiency determinants of container terminals in Latin American and the Caribbean," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-14.
- Wanke, Peter F., 2013. "Physical infrastructure and shipment consolidation efficiency drivers in Brazilian ports: A two-stage network-DEA approach," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 145-153.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41274-016-0109-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Diaz-Hernández, Juan José & Martinez-Budria, Eduardo & Jara-Diaz, Sergio, 2008. "The effects of ignoring inefficiency in the analysis of production: The case of cargo handling in Spanish ports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 321-329, February.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis (DEA); Free Disposal Hull (FDH); container terminals; ports; efficiency; production;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:24:y:2005:i:1:p:73-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.