Parametric inference and forecasting in continuously invertible volatility models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- He, Changli & Ter svirta, Timo & Malmsten, Hans, 2002. "Moment Structure Of A Family Of First-Order Exponential Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 868-885, August.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Harvey, A., 2010.
"Exponential Conditional Volatility Models,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1040, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Harvey, Andrew, 2010. "Exponential conditional volatility models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws103620, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Rodríguez, Mª José & Ruiz, Esther, 2009. "GARCH models with leverage effect : differences and similarities," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws090302, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoïan, Jean-Michel, 2012. "Qml Estimation Of A Class Of Multivariate Asymmetric Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 179-206, February.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Zaffaroni, Paolo, 2009. "Whittle estimation of EGARCH and other exponential volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 151(2), pages 190-200, August.
- Brandt, Michael W. & Jones, Christopher S., 2006. "Volatility Forecasting With Range-Based EGARCH Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 470-486, October.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Patton, Andrew J., 2011.
"Volatility forecast comparison using imperfect volatility proxies,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 246-256, January.
- Andrew Patton, 2006. "Volatility Forecast Comparison using Imperfect Volatility Proxies," Research Paper Series 175, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "Stationarity and Persistence in the GARCH(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 318-334, September.
- Marc Potters & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2001. "More stylized facts of financial markets: leverage effect and downside correlations," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 29960, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francq, Christian & Wintenberger, Olivier & Zakoïan, Jean-Michel, 2013.
"GARCH models without positivity constraints: Exponential or log GARCH?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 34-46.
- Francq, Christian & Wintenberger, Olivier & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2012. "Garch models without positivity constraints: exponential or log garch?," MPRA Paper 41373, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arvanitis, Stelios & Louka, Alexandros, 2016. "A CLT for martingale transforms with infinite variance," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 116-123.
More about this item
KeywordsInvertibility; volatility models; parametric estimation; strong consistency; asymptotic normality; asymmetric GARCH; exponential GARCH; stochastic recurrence equation; stationarity;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-07-02 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-07-02 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FOR-2011-07-02 (Forecasting)
- NEP-ORE-2011-07-02 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.