Report NEP-FOR-2011-07-02This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ralf Brüggemann & Helmut Lütkepohl, 2011. "Forecasting Contemporaneous Aggregates with Stochastic Aggregation Weights," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-23, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Kraas, Birk & Schroedter-Homscheidt, Marion & Pulvermüller, Benedikt & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011. "Economic Assessment of a Concentrating Solar Power Forecasting System for Participation in the Spanish Electricity Market," FCN Working Papers 12/2011, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Lidia Sanchis-Marco & Antonio Rubia Serrano, 2011. "On downside risk predictability through liquidity and trading activity: a quantile regression approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2011-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Ranking Multivariate GARCH Models by Problem Dimension: An Empirical Evaluation," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-20, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Philip Hans Franses & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Analyzing Fixed-event Forecast Revisions," Working Papers in Economics 11/25, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Michael McAleer & Philip Hans Franses & Chia-Lin Chang, 2011. "Analyzing Fixed-event Forecast Revisions," KIER Working Papers 779, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Philip Hans Franses & Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Analyzing Fixed-event Forecast Revisions," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-24, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Miguel, Belmonte & Gary, Koop & Dimitris, Korobilis, 2011. "Hierarchical shrinkage in time-varying parameter models," MPRA Paper 31827, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rebecca Hellerstein, 2011. "Global bond risk premiums," Staff Reports 499, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jaewoo Lee & H. Takizawa & David Hauner, 2011. "In Which Exchange Rate Models Do Forecasters Trust?," IMF Working Papers 11/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Pedro C. Magalhães & Luís Francisco Aguiar & Michael S. Lewis-Beck, 2011. "Forecasting Spanish Elections," NIPE Working Papers 17/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Angelica Gianfreda & Luigi Grossi, 2011. "Forecasting Italian Electricity Zonal Prices with Exogenous Variables," Working Papers 01/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Carlos Vieira & Isabel Vieira, 2011. "Determinants and projections of demand for higher education in Portugal," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_15, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Song Song & Peter J. Bickel, 2011. "Large Vector Auto Regressions," Papers 1106.3915, arXiv.org.
- Wintenberger, Olivier & Cai, Sixiang, 2011. "Parametric inference and forecasting in continuously invertible volatility models," MPRA Paper 31767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Natalia T. Tamirisa & Prakash Loungani & Herman O. Stekler, 2011. "Information Rigidity in Growth Forecasts: Some Cross-Country Evidence," IMF Working Papers 11/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Tin Cheuk Leung & Kwok Ping Tsang, 2011. "Can Anchoring and Loss Aversion Explain the Predictability in the Housing Market?," Working Papers 162011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.