Trade liberalization and inter-provincial dumping in a spatial equilibrium model: the case of the Canadian dairy industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carl H. Nelson & Bruce A. McCarl, 1984. "Including Imperfect Competition in Spatial Equilibrium Models," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 32(1), pages 55-70, March.
- John F. Helliwell & Geneviève Verdier, 2001. "Measuring internal trade distances: a new method applied to estimate provincial border effects in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1024-1041, November.
- Abdessalem Abbassi & Olivier Bonroy & Jean-Philippe Gervais, 2008. "Dairy Trade Liberalization Impacts in Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(3), pages 313-335, September.
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Moro, Daniele, 1993. "A Food Demand System for Canada," Technical Reports 243853, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Larue, Bruno & Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Pouliot, Sebastien, 2007. "Should tariff-rate quotas mimic quotas?: Implications for trade liberalization under a supply management policy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 247-261, December.
- R. Melvin, James & Warne, Robert D., 1973. "Monopoly and the theory of international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 117-134, May.
- Suzuki, Nobuhiro & Kaiser, Harry M. & Lenz, John E. & Forker, Olan D., 1994. "An Analysis of U.S. Dairy Policy Deregulation using an Imperfect Competition Model," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 84-93, April.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L. & Jesse, Edward, 1998.
"Spatial allocation and the shadow pricing of product characteristics,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(1), January.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Cox, Thomas L. & Jesse, Edward, 1998. "Spatial allocation and the shadow pricing of product characteristics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- Veeman, Michele M. & Peng, Yanning, 1997. "Canadian Dairy Demand," Project Report Series 24037, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Thomas L. Cox & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2001. "An Interregional Analysis of Price Discrimination and Domestic Policy Reform in the U.S. Dairy Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 89-106.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Moro, D., 1993. "Food Demand System for Canada, A," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12753, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Karl Meilke & Rakhal Sarker & Danny Roy, 1998. "The Potential for Increased Trade in Milk and Dairy Products between Canada and the United States under Trade Liberalization," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 46(2), pages 149-169, July.
- Doyon, Maurice & Brodeur, Catherine & Gervais, Jean-Philippe, 2006. "Imputing Dairy Producers' Quota Discount Rate Using the Individual Export Milk Program in Quebec," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 07.
- Suzuki, Nobuhiro & Kaiser, Harry M. & Lenz, John E. & Forker, Olan D., 1994. "An Analysis Of U.S. Dairy Policy Deregulation Using An Imperfect Competition Model," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 23(1), April.
- Moschini, G. & Moro, D., 1993. "A Food demand System for Canada," Papers 1-93, Gouvernement du Canada - Agriculture Canada.
- Yang, Chin W. & Hwang, Ming J. & Sohng, Soong N., 2002. "The Cournot competition in the spatial equilibrium model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-154, March.
More about this item
KeywordsSupply management; Canadian dairy sector; imperfect competition; bilateral dumping;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-04-30 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2011-04-30 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.