La questione dei costi standard ed i problemi del Mezzogiorno
[The issue of standard costs and problems of the Southern Italy]
The issue of standard costs is the subject of the bill Calderoli (A.C. n. 2105), which must be implemented by the article 119 of the Italian Constitution. It should be noted, in this regard, that in economic theory have been proposed several formulations of the concept of standard cost, which appear very different for purposes and for contents. In any case, the magnitude at issue is not “objective”, but it refers to the assessments of those who are entitled to make one, or of those special operators that the person interested in the cost analysis (stakeholder) recognizes a technical expertise and a specific role in the governance system to which the determination of standards is related. In this article, it is noted that in the article 2, paragraph 2, letter f) of the bill (and, indeed, all over the bill) has neglected the issue of cost management. The crucial problem is the financial sustainability of the system for all entities in the medium term and not only minimize its operating costs, that is precisely the question of the cost management. In the study, it is attempted to demonstrate that a technical analysis of these problems is possible. It has been proposed, in this regard, an approximate exercise, which only has the function to test the possibility of one of the possible paths. In this exercise have made certain assumptions - such as greater efficiency (an efficiency no less), for the health, of the regions of the Southern Italy - that must be considered, in any case, very carefully.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2008|
|Date of revision:||Aug 2008|
|Publication status:||Published in Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno 3-4.anno X(2008): pp. 631-666|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bohm, Peter, 1984. "Revealing demand for an actual public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 135-151, July.
- Bradford, David F. & Hildebrandt, Gregory G., 1977. "Observable preferences for public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 111-131, October.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 1993. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195072181.
- D. Fabbri, 1998. "Efficienza tecnica e produzione ospedaliera: una valutazione con Data Envelopment Analysis delle prestazioni ospedaliere nel periodo della riforma," Working Papers 318, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches,"
SESO Working Papers
1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Rubinfeld, Daniel L & Shapiro, Perry, 1982. "Micro-Based Estimates of Demand Functions for Local School Expenditures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1183-1205, September.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Coelli, T. J., 1992. "A computer program for frontier production function estimation : Frontier version 2.0," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 29-32, May.
- Brookshire, David S. & Ives, Berry C. & Schulze, William D., 1976. "The valuation of aesthetic preferences," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 325-346, December.
- Bohm, Peter, 1972. "Estimating demand for public goods: An experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 111-130.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.