Empirical Tests Of Hypothetical Bias In Consumers' Surplus Surveys
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bohm, Peter, 1972. "Estimating demand for public goods: An experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 111-130.
- Jack L. Knetsch & J. A. Sinden, 1984. "Willingness to Pay and Compensation Demanded: Experimental Evidence of an Unexpected Disparity in Measures of Value," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(3), pages 507-521.
- Bennett, J. W., 1987. "Strategic behaviour : Some experimental evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 355-368, April.
- William D. Schulze & Ralph C. d'Arge & David S. Brookshire, 1981. "Valuing Environmental Commodities: Some Recent Experiments," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(2), pages 151-172.
- Brookshire, David S. & Ives, Berry C. & Schulze, William D., 1976. "The valuation of aesthetic preferences," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 325-346, December.
- Clifford S. Russell, 1982. "Publicly Vested Values for Fish and Wildlife: Comment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(4), pages 559-562.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefani, Gianluca & Scarpa, Riccardo & Lombardi, Ginevra V., 2014.
"An addendum to: a meta-analysis of hypothethical bias in stated preference valuation,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal,
Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Stefani, Gianluca & Scarpa, Riccardo & Lombardi, Ginevra Virginia, 2014. "An addendum to: A Meta-Analysis of Hypothethical Bias in Stated Preference Valuation," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 173097, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- repec:bla:jconsa:v:51:y:2017:i:2:p:312-328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Ami & Frédéric Aprahamian & Olivier Chanel & Stéphane Luchini, 2011.
"A Test of Cheap Talk in Different Hypothetical Contexts: The Case of Air Pollution,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(1), pages 111-130, September.
- Dominique Ami & Frédéric Aprahamian & Olivier Chanel & Stephane Luchini, 2009. "A Test Of Cheap Talk In Different Hypothetical Contexts: The Case Of Air Pollution," Working Papers halshs-00382511, HAL.
- Vivien Foster & Ian J. Bateman & David Harley, 1997. "Real And Hypothetical Willingness To Pay For Environmental Preservation: A Non-Experimental Comparison," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 123-137.
- Gubanova, Tatiana & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & McMillan, Melville, 2009.
"'Pocket and Pot': Hypothetical Bias in a No-Free-Riding Public Contribution Game,"
Staff Paper Series
91403, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Gubanova, Tatiana & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & McMillan, Melville, 2009. "‘Pocket and Pot’: Hypothetical Bias in a No-Free-Riding Public Contribution Game," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49318, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1994. "Valuing the Environment through Contingent Valuation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 19-43, Fall.
- Jinkwon Lee & Uk Hwang, 2016. "Hypothetical Bias in Risk Preferences as a Driver of Hypothetical Bias in Willingness to Pay: Experimental Evidence," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(4), pages 789-811, December.
- Mørkbak, Morten Raun & Olsen, Søren Bøye & Campbell, Danny, 2014. "Behavioral implications of providing real incentives in stated choice experiments," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 102-116.
- Schwer, Keith & Daneshvary, Rennae, 1999. "The Impact of Casino Gambling on Charitable Contributions: The Willingness to Contribute to a Local Public Television Station," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(1), pages 77-90, Summer.
- Douglas Macmillan & Trevor Smart & Andrew Thorburn, 1999. "A Field Experiment Involving Cash and Hypothetical Charitable Donations," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(3), pages 399-412, October.
- List, John A. & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "Calibration of Willingness-to-Accept," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 219-233, March.
- John K. Horowitz & Kenneth E. McConnell & James J. Murphy, 2013.
"Behavioral foundations of environmental economics and valuation,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, chapter 4, pages 115-156
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- John K. Horowitz & Kenneth E. McConnell & James J. Murphy, 2012. "Behavioral Foundations of Environmental Economics and Valuation," Working Papers 2012-03, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Murphy, James J. & Stevens, Thomas H., 2004.
"Contingent Valuation, Hypothetical Bias, and Experimental Economics,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 182-192, October.
- Murphy, James J. & Stevens, Thomas H., 2004. "Contingent Valuation, Hypothetical Bias, and Experimental Economics," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 33(2), October.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22956. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.