Evolution of the Governmental Accounting Reform implementation in Greek Public Hospitals: Testing the institutional framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Noel Hepworth, 2003. "Preconditions for Successful Implementation of Accrual Accounting in Central Government," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 23(1), pages 37-44, January.
- Cavalluzzo, Ken S. & Ittner, Christopher D., 2004. "Implementing performance measurement innovations: evidence from government," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 243-267.
- Elias Mossialos & Sara Allin & Konstantina Davaki, 2005. "Analysing the Greek health system: a tale of fragmentation and inertia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 151-168.
- Ansari, Shahid & Euske, K. J., 1987. "Rational, rationalizing, and reifying uses of accounting data in organizations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 549-570, October.
- Sven Modell, 2002. "Institutional perspectives on cost allocations: integration and extension," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 653-679.
- Jegers, Marc & Kesteloot, Katrien & De Graeve, Diana & Gilles, Willem, 2002. "A typology for provider payment systems in health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 255-273, June.
- Odysseas Pavlatos, 2009. "Management accounting practices in the Greek hospitality industry," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 81-98, January.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Vagnoni, Emidia, 2004. "Power, organization design and managerial behaviour," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 207-225.
- James L. Chan, 2003. "Government Accounting: An Assessment of Theory, Purposes and Standards," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 23(1), pages 13-20, January.
- Charalampos Economou & Claude Giorno, 2009. "Improving the Performance of the Public Health Care System in Greece," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 722, OECD Publishing.
- Evans, John III & Patton, James M., 1983. "An economic analysis of participation in the municipal finance officers association certificate of conformance program," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 151-175, April.
- Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van, 2004.
"Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 239-252, August.
- Eddy Cardinaels & Filip Roodhooft & Gustaaf Van Herck, 2004. "Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2004-09, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- James E. Bailey & Sammy W. Pearson, 1983. "Development of a Tool for Measuring and Analyzing Computer User Satisfaction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 530-545, May.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:1:p:126-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Giroux, Gary, 1989. "Political interests and governmental accounting disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 199-217.
- FILIPPOS STAMATIADIS, Mr, 2009. "Investigating the Governmental Accounting Reform of Greek National Health System (ESY): Some preliminary Evidence," MPRA Paper 19649, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Sep 2009.
- Coombs, R. W., 1987. "Accounting for the control of doctors: Management information systems in hospitals," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 389-404, June.
- Geiger, Dale R. & Ittner, Christopher D., 1996. "The influence of funding source and legislative requirements on government cost accounting practices," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 549-567, August.
- Ron Hodges & Howard Mellett, 2003. "Reporting public sector financial results," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 99-113, March.
- Cheng, Rita Hartung, 1992. "An empirical analysis of theories on factors influencing state government accounting disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-42.
- Inger Johanne Pettersen, 2001. "Implementing management accounting reforms in the public sector: the difficult journey from intentions to effects," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 561-581.
More about this item
KeywordsAccrual Accounting; Public Sector Accounting; Compliance Index; Public Hospitals; Isomorphism.;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28816. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .