Assessing Accrual Accounting Reform in Greek Public Hospitals: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Noel Hepworth, 2003. "Preconditions for Successful Implementation of Accrual Accounting in Central Government," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 23(1), pages 37-44, January.
- Tyrone Carlin & James Guthrie, 2003. "Accrual output based budgeting systems in Australia The rhetoric-reality gap," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 145-162, June.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Vagnoni, Emidia, 2004. "Power, organization design and managerial behaviour," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 207-225.
- Johan Christiaens, 1999. "Financial accounting reform in Flemish municipalities: an empirical study of implementation and annual financial reports," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 803-804.
- Charalampos Economou & Claude Giorno, 2009. "Improving the Performance of the Public Health Care System in Greece," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 722, OECD Publishing.
- Evans, John III & Patton, James M., 1983. "An economic analysis of participation in the municipal finance officers association certificate of conformance program," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 151-175, April.
- Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van, 2004.
"Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 239-252, August.
- Eddy Cardinaels & Filip Roodhooft & Gustaaf Van Herck, 2004. "Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2004-09, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:1:p:126-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giroux, Gary, 1989. "Political interests and governmental accounting disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 199-217.
- Coombs, R. W., 1987. "Accounting for the control of doctors: Management information systems in hospitals," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 389-404, June.
- J. Christiaens & V. Van Peteghem, 2004. "Governmental Accounting Reform: Evolution Of The Implementation In Flemish Municipalities," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/256, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- David Emsley & Barbara Nevicky & Graeme Harrison, 2006. "Effect of cognitive style and professional development on the initiation of radical and non-radical management accounting innovations," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(2), pages 243-264.
- Ron Hodges & Howard Mellett, 2003. "Reporting public sector financial results," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 99-113, March.
- Cheng, Rita Hartung, 1992. "An empirical analysis of theories on factors influencing state government accounting disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-42.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivana Drazic Lutilsky & Berislav Zmuk & Martina Dragija, 2016. "Cost Accounting as a Possible Solution for Financial Sustainability of Croatian Public Hospitals," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 18(2), pages 5-38, December.
- Filip Hrůza & Petr Valouch, 2016. "Public Sector Accounting Policy Reform in the Czech Republic: Experience from Local Governments (pilot)," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(4), pages 17-38.
More about this item
KeywordsAccrual Accounting; Public Sector Accounting; Compliance; Public Hospitals; contingency factors;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .