Science, Bourgeois Dignity, and the Industrial Revolution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- F. A. Hayek, 2005. "The Use of Knowledge in Society," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Guang-Zhen Sun (ed.),Readings In The Economics Of The Division Of Labor The Classical Tradition, chapter 25, pages 270-284, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Field, Alexander J., 2006. "Technological Change and U.S. Productivity Growth in the Interwar Years," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 203-236, March.
- Alexander J. Field, 2003. "The Most Technologically Progressive Decade of the Century," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1399-1413, September.
- Easterlin,Richard A., 2004. "The Reluctant Economist," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521829748, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciarli, Tommaso & Savona, Maria, 2019.
"Modelling the Evolution of Economic Structure and Climate Change: A Review,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 51-64.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Maria Savona, 2019. "Modelling the Evolution of Economic Structure and Climate Change: A Review," SPRU Working Paper Series 2019-01, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Savona, Maria & Ciarli, Tommaso, 2019.
"Structural Changes and Sustainability. A Selected Review of the Empirical Evidence,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 244-260.
- Maria Savona & Tommaso Ciarli, 2019. "Structural Changes and Sustainability. A Selected Review of the Empirical Evidence," SPRU Working Paper Series 2019-04, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2012. "Knowledge Dynamics, Structural Change And The Geography Of Business Services," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 445-467, July.
More about this item
Keywordsscientific revolution; science; technology; industrial enlightenment; applied technology;
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2010-06-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2010-06-04 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2010-06-04 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.