Volatility Co-movement of ASEAN-5 Equity Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Kasa, 1995. "Comovements among national stock markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 14-20.
- Fernandez-Serrano, Jose L. & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon, 2001.
"Modelling evolving long-run relationships: the linkages between stock markets in Asia,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-160, April.
- José L. Fernández-Serrano & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, "undated". "Modelling evolving long-run relationships: the linkages between stock markets in asia," Working Papers 2000-11, FEDEA.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2005. "Cointegration Of Stock Markets Between New Zealand, Australia And The G7 Economies: Searching For Co‐Movement Under Structural Change," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 231-247, September.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1999. "Are Asian stock market fluctuations due mainly to intra-regional contagion effects? Evidence based on Asian emerging stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 251-282, August.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2002. "Research in emerging markets finance: looking to the future," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 429-448, December.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Masih, Rumi & Masih, Abul M. M., 2001. "Long and short term dynamic causal transmission amongst international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 563-587, August.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Dwyer, Gerald Jr. & Wallace, Myles S., 1992. "Cointegration and market efficiency," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 318-327, August.
- Masih, A. Mansur M. & Masih, Rumi, 2002. "Propagative causal price transmission among international stock markets: evidence from the pre- and postglobalization period," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 63-91.
- Ewing, Bradley T. & Payne, James E. & Sowell, Clifford, 1999. "NAFTA and North American stock market linkages: an empirical note," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 443-451.
- Jang, Hoyoon & Sul, Wonsik, 2002. "The Asian financial crisis and the co-movement of Asian stock markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 94-104.
- W. N. W. Azman-Saini & M. Azali & M. S. Habibullah & K. G. Matthews, 2002. "Financial integration and the ASEAN-5 equity markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2283-2288.
- Wheatley, Simon, 1988. "Some tests of international equity integration," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 177-212, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guesmi, Khaled & Kablan, Sandrine, 2015. "Financial integration and Japanese stock market," MPRA Paper 70206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Md. Saifur Rahman & Farihana Shahari, 2019. "Does the Financial Integration in ASEAN+3 Respond to Financial Cooperation Agreement and Influence the Real Sectors?," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(01), pages 1-18, March.
- Rahman, Md. Saifur & Shahari, Farihana, 2017. "The nexus between financial integration and real economy: Solow-growth model concept," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1244-1253.
More about this item
KeywordsASEAN-5; Portfolio Diversification; Volatility co-movement;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2010-05-02 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MIC-2010-05-02 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2010-05-02 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.