Трансплантация Экономических Институтов
[Transplantation of Economic Institutions]
The article is devoted to the problem of transplantation of institutions from an economic system to less developed one. The goal of transplantation is the acceleration of institutional development. However, a danger of rejection or dysfunction of the transplanted institutions arises. The problem of choice of a transplantate is discussed, strategies and technologies of transplantation are described. The role of the state in the transplantation process is analyzed as well. It is suggested a classification of dysfunctions that arise under institutional transformations. The concepts developed are applied to the analysis of the reforming processes in Russia.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Economics of Contemporary Russia 3 (2001): pp. 24-50|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polterovich, Victor, 2000. "Civic Culture and Economic Transition in Russia," MPRA Paper 20068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aron, Janine, 2000. "Growth and Institutions: A Review of the Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 99-135, February.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1989. "Foreign public capital flows," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1305-1386 Elsevier.
- William Carrington & Enrica Detragiache, 1998. "How Big is the Brain Drain?," IMF Working Papers 98/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Li, David D, 1998. "Changing Incentives of the Chinese Bureaucracy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 393-97, May.
- Vittas, Dimitri, 1995. "Thrift deposit institutions in Europe and the United States," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1540, The World Bank.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Karina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2001.
"Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
410, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & Pistor, Katharina & Richard, Jean-Francois, 2003. "Economic development, legality, and the transplant effect," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 165-195, February.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Katharina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2000. "Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 308, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Katharina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2000. "Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect," CID Working Papers 39, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- David D. Li, 1998. "Changing Incentives of the Chinese Bureaucracy," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 130, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Derek C Jones, 1998. "The Economic Effects of Privatization: Evidence from a Russian Panel," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(2), pages 75-102, July.
- Joseph Stiglitz, 1998. "Distinguished Lecture on Economics in Government: The Private Uses of Public Interests: Incentives and Institutions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 3-22, Spring.
- Przeworski, Adam & Vreeland, James Raymond, 2000. "The effect of IMF programs on economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 385-421, August.
- Gur Ofer & Victor Polterovich, 2000. "Modern Economics Education in TEs: Technology Transfer to Russia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 5-35, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.