Some empirical evidence of the euro area monetary policy
In this paper I try to find some empirical evidence of the European Central Bank’s behaviour from its outset, January 1999, to the mid 2007, using a Taylor-type rule. I test a new and simple method for estimating the output gap in order to avoid problems linked with the estimate of the potential output. Moreover, I analyse the significance of some explanatory variables in order to understand what the basis of the E.C.B. monetary policy decisions are. Finally, I find an important evidence of the role of the Euro-Dollar nominal exchange rate in the conduct of the Euro Area monetary policy.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alina Carare & Robert Tchaidze, 2008.
"The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules: How Precisely Can We Estimate Them? ,"
006-08, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Robert Tchaidze & Alina Carare, 2005. "The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules; How Precisely Can We Estimate them?," IMF Working Papers 05/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Tchaidze & Alina Carare, 2004. "The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules: How precisely can we estimate them?," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 132, Econometric Society.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Guy Debelle, 2006.
"Has the inflation process changed?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(46), pages 311-352, 04.
- Laurence Ball, 1997.
"Efficient rules for monetary policy,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series
G97/3, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Clarida, R. & Gali, J. & Gertler, M., 1999.
"The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective,"
99-13, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Mark Gertler & Jordi Gali & Richard Clarida, 1999. "The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "The science of monetary policy: A new Keynesian perspective," Economics Working Papers 356, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 1999.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1999. "The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 2139, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1999. "The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective," NBER Working Papers 7147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006.
"Estimating the ECB policy reaction function,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19941, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Monetary policy rules in practice," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21785. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.