Price Competition under Limited Comparability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Eliaz, Kfir & Spiegler, Ran, 2008. "Consumer optimism and price discrimination," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 3(4), December.
- Varian, Hal R, 1980. "A Model of Sales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 651-659, September.
- Kfir Eliaz & Ran Spiegler, 2011.
"Consideration Sets and Competitive Marketing,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(1), pages 235-262.
- Eliaz, Kfir & Spiegler, Ran, 2006. "Consideration Sets and Competitive Marketing," MPRA Paper 21434, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Sep 2009.
- Eliaz, Kfir & Spiegler, Ran, 2009. "Consideration Sets and Competitive Marketing," CEPR Discussion Papers 7456, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michele Piccione & Ariel Rubinstein, 2003.
"Modeling the Economic Interaction of Agents With Diverse Abilities to Recognize Equilibrium Patterns,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 212-223, March.
- Michele Piccione & Ariel Rubinstein, 2002. "Modelling the Economic Interaction of Agents with Diverse Abilities to Recognise Equilibrium Patterns," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 440, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Michele Piccione & Ariel Rubinstein, 2010. "Modeling the Economic Interaction of Agents with Diverse Abilities to Recognize Equilibrium Patterns," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000108, David K. Levine.
- Piccione, Michele & Rubinstein, Ariel, 2002. "Modelling the economic interaction of agents with diverse abilities to recognise equilibrium patterns," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2061, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1993.
"On Price Recognition and Computational Complexity in a Monopolistic Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 473-484, June.
- Rubenstein, A., 1991. "On Price Recognition and Computational Complexity in a Monopolistic Model," Papers 35-91, Tel Aviv.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2006.
"Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 505-540.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2005. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," NBER Working Papers 11755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laibson, David I. & Gabaix, Xavier, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," Scholarly Articles 4554333, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ran Spiegler, 2006. "The Market for Quacks," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(4), pages 1113-1131.
- Chris M. Wilson, 2008. "Ordered Search and Equilibrium Obfuscation," Economics Series Working Papers 401, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Wilson, Chris M., 2010. "Ordered search and equilibrium obfuscation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 496-506, September.
- Spiegler, Ran, 2006.
"Competition over agents with boundedly rational expectations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 1(2), pages 207-231, June.
- Ran Spiegler, 2005. "Competition over Agents with Boundedly Rational Expectations," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000535, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison & Alexander Wolitzky, 2012. "A search cost model of obfuscation," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 43(3), pages 417-441, September.
More about this item
Keywordsprice competition; industrial organization; limited comparability; bounded rationality; framing; consumer protection; product differentiation; complexity;
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- C79 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Other
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-03-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2010-03-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2010-03-28 (Marketing)
- NEP-REG-2010-03-28 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .