Impacto Económico del programa de Desarrollo Alternativo del Plan Colombia
[Economic Impact of Plan Colombia's Alternative Development Program]
Overall, the investment projects of Plan Colombia in its program Alternative Development as evaluated in this work, which are equivalent to a foreign capital inflow of US$ 1164.5 million (for about 4 years) may increase GDP by about 1.2 percentage points, and lead to an increase in employment of 0.9 percentage points. The effect is reflected in the increase in both rural and urban incomes and a small improvement in income distribution. However, there are appreciation pressures on the exchange change that may affect exports especially those coming from the agricultural and industrial unskilled labor intensive sectors.
|Date of creation:||07 May 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1992.
"International Wage Curves,"
NBER Working Papers
4200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walsh, Frank, 1999.
"A Multisector Model of Efficiency Wages,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 351-76, April.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 455-465, March.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1990.
" The Wage Curve,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 215-35.
- Fields, Gary S, 1982. "Place-to-Place Migration in Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 539-58, April.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald & Peter Sanfey, 1992.
"Wages, Profits and Rent-Sharing,"
NBER Working Papers
4222, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prabhu L. Pingali, 1997. "From Subsistence to Commercial Production Systems: The Transformation of Asian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 628-634.
- C. Peter Timmer, 1997. "Farmers and Markets: The Political Economy of New Paradigms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 621-627.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17844. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.