Impacto Económico del programa de Desarrollo Alternativo del Plan Colombia
[Economic Impact of Plan Colombia's Alternative Development Program]
Overall, the investment projects of Plan Colombia in its program Alternative Development as evaluated in this work, which are equivalent to a foreign capital inflow of US$ 1164.5 million (for about 4 years) may increase GDP by about 1.2 percentage points, and lead to an increase in employment of 0.9 percentage points. The effect is reflected in the increase in both rural and urban incomes and a small improvement in income distribution. However, there are appreciation pressures on the exchange change that may affect exports especially those coming from the agricultural and industrial unskilled labor intensive sectors.
|Date of creation:||07 May 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fields, Gary S, 1982. "Place-to-Place Migration in Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 53958-53958, April.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1989.
"The Wage Curve,"
NBER Working Papers
3181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Walsh, 1999.
"A multisector model of efficiency wages,"
Open Access publications
10197/188, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- C. Peter Timmer, 1997. "Farmers and Markets: The Political Economy of New Paradigms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 621-627.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995.
"International Wage Curves,"
in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald & Peter Sanfey, 1992.
"Wages, Profits and Rent-Sharing,"
NBER Working Papers
4222, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 455-465, March.
- Prabhu L. Pingali, 1997. "From Subsistence to Commercial Production Systems: The Transformation of Asian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 628-634.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17844. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.