Emerging Challenges in Indian Banking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1989. "Financial Liberalization and Economic Development: A Reassessment of Interest-Rate Policies in Asia and Latin America," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 29-54, Winter.
- Ari Hyytinen & Tuomas Takalo, 2002.
"Enhancing Bank Transparency: A Re-assessment,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 6(3), pages 429-445.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Takalo, Tuomas, 2000. "Enhancing bank transparency : A re-assessment," Research Discussion Papers 10/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Hyytinen, A. & Takalo, T., 2000. "Enhancing Bank Transparency: a Re-assessment," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 492, Department of Economics.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Takalo, Tuomas, 2002. "Enchancing Bank Transparency : A Re-assessment," Discussion Papers 828, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- J. Caprio & P. Honohan, 2000.
"Restoring Banking Stability: Beyond Supervised Capital Requirements,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 68(1), pages 5-22, March.
- Gerard Caprio & Patrick Honohan, 1999. "Restoring Banking Stability: Beyond Supervised Capital Requirements," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 43-64, Fall.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Goldstein, Morris & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000. "Assessing financial vulnerability, an early warning system for emerging markets: Introduction," MPRA Paper 13629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steven Riess Weisbrod & Liliana Rojas-Suárez, 1994. "Financial Market Fragilities in Latin America; From Banking Crisis Resolution to Current Policy Challenges," IMF Working Papers 94/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "The Contributions of the Economics of Information to Twentieth Century Economics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1441-1478.
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 1998. "Public Disclosure and Bank Failures," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 110-131, March.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1991. "Monitoring and Reputation: The Choice between Bank Loans and Directly Placed Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 689-721, August.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-374, March.
- Goodhart, Charles & Schoenmaker, Dirk, 1995. "Should the Functions of Monetary Policy and Banking Supervision Be Separated?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 539-560, October.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995.
"The decline of traditional banking: implications for financial stability and regulatory policy,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 27-45.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "The Decline of Traditional Banking: Implications for Financial Stabilityand Regulatory Policy," NBER Working Papers 4993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dr Donald Brash, 1997. "Banking soundness and the role of the market," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 60, March.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- P. Honohan, 2000.
"Banking System Failures in Developing and Transition Countries: Diagnosis and Prediction,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 29(1), pages 83-109, February.
- Patrick Honohan, 1997. "Banking system failures in developing and transition countries: Diagnosis and predictions," BIS Working Papers 39, Bank for International Settlements.
- Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata & Bhaumik, Sumon K., 1998. "Does Ownership Always Matter?--Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 262-281, June.
- Ghosh, Saibal & Saggar, Mridul, 1998. "Narrow Banking: Theory, evidence and prospects in India," MPRA Paper 17352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 1996. "Bank insolvencies : cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1620, The World Bank.
- Tolga Ediz & Ian Michael & William Perraudin, 1998. "The impact of capital requirements on U.K. bank behaviour," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 15-22.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abhiman Das & Ashok Nag & Subhash Ray, 2004. "Liberalization, Ownership, and Efficiency in Indian Banking: A Nonparametric Approach," Working papers 2004-29, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Ghosh, Saibal & Das, Abhiman, 2006. "Depositor discipline in Indian banking: Separating facts from folklore," MPRA Paper 17427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anurag Sharma, 2008.
"Incomplete reform or opportunity: the role of the banking sector in the credit transmission mechanism in India,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 273-288.
- Anurag Sharma, 2008. "Incomplete reform or opportunity: the role of the banking sector in the credit transmission mechanism in India," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 273-288.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2011. "Does Government Intervention in Credit Deployment Cause Inclusive Growth? – An Evidence from Indian Banking," MPRA Paper 48100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2006. "Did financial liberalization ease financing constraints? Evidence from Indian firm-level data," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 176-190, June.
More about this item
Keywordsbanking; non performing loans; corporate governance; india;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .