The New Basel Capital Accord: A Primer with an Indian Focus
The article examines the pros and cons of the implementation of Basel II in India and contextually, conducts an empirical exercise to examine the impact of capital requirements on the Indian banking system
|Date of creation:||Oct 2004|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of the Indian School of Political Economy 4.16(2004): pp. 589-622|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Caprio & P. Honohan, 2000.
"Restoring Banking Stability: Beyond Supervised Capital Requirements,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 68(1), pages 5-22, 03.
- Gerard Caprio & Patrick Honohan, 1999. "Restoring Banking Stability: Beyond Supervised Capital Requirements," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 43-64, Fall.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Goldstein, Morris & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000. "Assessing financial vulnerability, an early warning system for emerging markets: Introduction," MPRA Paper 13629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rojas-Suarez, Liliana, 2002. "Can international capital standards strengthen banks in emerging markets?," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 5, pages 51-63.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2001. "Can International Capital Standards Strengthen Banks in Emerging Markets?," Working Paper Series WP01-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2003. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 199-232, July.
- Michael B. Gordy, 2002. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nachane, D M & Narain, Aditya & Ghosh, Saibal & Sahoo, Satyananda, 2001. "Bank response to capital requirements: Theory and Indian evidence," MPRA Paper 17453, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beatrice Weder & Michael Wedow, 2002. "Will Basel II Affect International Capital Flows to Emerging Markets?," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 199, OECD Publishing.
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal & Ray, Partha, 2007. "Banking in India," MPRA Paper 17400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hammes, Wolfgang & Shapiro, Mark, 2001. "The implications of the new capital adequacy rules for portfolio management of credit assets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 97-114, January.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.