Organized crime and regional development. A review of the Italian case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniele, Vittorio, 2007.
"Criminalità e investimenti esteri. Un’analisi per le province italiane
[The effect of organized crime on Foreign Investments. An Empirical Analysis for the Italian Provinces]," MPRA Paper 6417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Centorrino & F. Ofria, 2008. "Organized crime and labour productivity in the Mezzogiorno: an application of the "Kaldor-Verdoorn" model," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 163-188.
- Paolo Buonanno, 2003. "The Socioeconomic Determinants of Crime. A Review of the Literature," Working Papers 63, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Roberto Basile, 2002. "The Locational Determinants of Foreign-Owned Manufacturing Plants in Italy: Preliminary Results," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 92(4), pages 61-92, July-Augu.
- Vittorio Daniele, 2007. "Incentivi economici e disincentivi di contesto: gli investimenti esteri nel Mezzogiorno," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(2), pages 5-34.
- Nilsson, Anna & Agell, Jonas, 2003.
"Crime, unemployment and labor market programs in turbulent times,"
Working Paper Series
2003:14, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Nilsson, Anna & Agell, Jonas, 2003. "Crime, Unemployment and Labor Market Programs in Turbulent Times," Research Papers in Economics 2003:13, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- George J. Stigler, 1974. "The Optimum Enforcement of Laws," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 55-67 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-565, May-June.
- Brand, Sam & Price, Richard, 2000. "The economic and social costs of crime," MPRA Paper 74968, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- V. Daniele, 2005. "Perché le imprese estere non investono al Sud?," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 795-818.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naddeo, Andreina, 2014. "How crime affects the economy: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 65419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Capuano, Carlo & Purificato, Francesco, 2012. "The macroeconomic impact of organized crime: a neo-Kaleckian perspective," MPRA Paper 40077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Maria Paola Rana, 2014. "Entrepreneurs, Risk Aversion and Dynamic Firms," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 190, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- repec:kap:annfin:v:13:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10436-017-0299-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:514-528 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ganau, Roberto & Rodrï¿½guez-Pose, Andrï¿½s, 2017.
"Industrial Clusters, Organized Crime and Productivity Growth in Italian SMEs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12140, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roberto Ganau & Andres Rodrigues-Pose, 2017. "Industrial Clusters, Organized Crime and Productivity Growth in Italian SMEs," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1719, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2017.
- Keith Blackburn & Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Maria Paola Rana, 2015. "Organized Crime, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 210, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganized crime; Italy; economic development; costs of crime;
- K49 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Other
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- R59 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2009-08-08 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAW-2009-08-08 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-08-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .