Reviewing regulatory objectives: should the scope of regulation be extended?
This paper will consider whether the scope of financial regulation should be extended and if so, ways in which this could occur. In order to carry out these tasks, it will not only address problems identified from the recent crises and Basel 2, gaps which exist in some of the responses to these issues, but will also consider what roles other parties such as central banks and external auditors can play in achieving financial objectives. To a certain extent, it will address these issues by making references to proposals which have been put forward from different sources. It will introduce the points of discussion through an overview of global developments which have necessitated the need for a review of financial regulation and through a review of the present regulatory objectives.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baldwin, Robert & Cave, Martin, 1999.
"Understanding Regulation: Theory, Strategy, and Practice,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198774389, December.
- Baldwin, Robert & Cave, Martin & Lodge, Martin, 2011. "Understanding Regulation: Theory, Strategy, and Practice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199576098, December.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Roell, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Simona E. Cociuba, 2009. "Seeking stability: what's next for banking regulation?," Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, vol. 4(apr).
- David G. Mayes & Geoffrey Wood, 2008. "Lessons from the Northern Rock Episode," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 114, pages 5-27.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.