On the Use of Formative Measurement Specifications in Structural Equation Modeling: A Monte Carlo Simulation Study to Compare Covariance-Based and Partial Least Squares Model Estimation Methodologies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ringle Christian M. & GÃ¶tz Oliver & Wetzels Martin & Wilson Bradley, 2009. "On the Use of Formative Measurement Specifications in Structural Equation Modeling: A Monte Carlo Simulation Study to Compare Covariance-Based and Partial Least Squares Model Estimation Methodologies," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
References listed on IDEAS
- Claes Cassel & Peter Hackl & Anders Westlund, 1999. "Robustness of partial least-squares method for estimating latent variable quality structures," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 435-446.
- Wold, Herman, 1974. "Causal flows with latent variables : Partings of the ways in the light of NIPALS modelling," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 67-86, June.
- Allen Fleishman, 1978. "A method for simulating non-normal distributions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 521-532, December.
- Albert Satorra, 1990. "Robustness issues in structural equation modeling: a review of recent developments," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 367-386, November.
- Tenenhaus, Michel & Vinzi, Vincenzo Esposito & Chatelin, Yves-Marie & Lauro, Carlo, 2005. "PLS path modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 159-205, January.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. " A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Albert Satorra & Peter Bentler, 2001.
"A scaled difference chi-square test statistic for moment structure analysis,"
Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 66(4), pages 507-514, December.
- Albert Satorra & Peter M. Bentler, 1999. "A scaled difference chi-square test statistic for moment structure analysis," Economics Working Papers 412, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marko Sarstedt & Christian Ringle, 2010. "Treating unobserved heterogeneity in PLS path modeling: a comparison of FIMIX-PLS with different data analysis strategies," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 1299-1318.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0278-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:soinre:v:135:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1480-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacqueline Beuningen & Hans Schmeets, 2013. "Developing a Social Capital Index for the Netherlands," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 113(3), pages 859-886, September.
- Meyer, Wiebke, 2012. "Motives for remitting from Germany to Kosovo," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 69, number 69.
- Meyer, Wiebke & Mollers, Judith & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 2012. "A behavioural approach to remittances analysis," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126428, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Achcaoucaou, Fariza & Miravitlles, Paloma & León-Darder, Fidel, 2017. "Do we really know the predictors of competence-creating R&D subsidiaries? Uncovering the mediation of dual network embeddedness," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 181-195.
- repec:spr:compst:v:33:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00180-017-0723-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPLS; path modeling; covariance structure analysis; structural equation modeling; formative measurement; simulation study;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .