Natural Gas markets:How Sensitive to Crude Oil Price Changes?
This paper investigates sensitivity of U.S. natural gas price to crude oil price changes, using time-varying coefficient models. Identification of the range of variation of the sensitivity of natural gas price to oil price change allows more accurate assessment of upper and minimum risk levels that can be utilized in pricing natural gas derivatives such as gas futures and option contracts, and gas storage facility contracts.
|Date of creation:||25 Apr 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Apostolos Serletis & Ricardo Rangel-Ruiz, 2007.
"Testing for Common Features in North American Energy Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets, chapter 14, pages 172-187
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Serletis, Apostolos & Rangel-Ruiz, Ricardo, 2004. "Testing for common features in North American energy markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 401-414, May.
- Jun Yu, 2002.
"Forecasting volatility in the New Zealand stock market,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 193-202.
- Yu, Jun, 1999. "Forecasting Volatility in the New Zealand Stock Market," Working Papers 175, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2004.
"On the Out-of-Sample Importance of Skewness and Asymmetric Dependence for Asset Allocation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(1), pages 130-168.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2002. "On the out-of-sample importance of skewness and asymetric dependence for asset allocation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24951, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francis X. Diebold & Robert S. Mariano, 1994.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 1995. "Comparing Predictive Accuracy," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 253-263, July.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002. "Comparing Predictive Accuracy," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Sharpe, William F., 1967. "Portfolio Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 76-84, June.
- Stephen P. A. Brown & Mine K. Yucel, 2008.
"What Drives Natural Gas Prices?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 45-60.
- Vahid, F & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Trends and Common Cycles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 341-360, Oct.-Dec..
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993.
"Testing for Common Features,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 369-380, October.
- Frank Asche & Petter Osmundsen & Maria Sandsmark, 2006. "The UK Market for Natural Gas, Oil and Electricity: Are the Prices Decoupled?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 27-40.
- Harvey, Campbell R. & Siddique, Akhtar, 1999. "Autoregressive Conditional Skewness," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 465-487, December.
- Robert W. Faff & David Hillier & Joseph Hillier, 2000. "Time Varying Beta Risk: An Analysis of Alternative Modelling Techniques," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5&6), pages 523-554.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.