The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence
This paper analysis the reasons of poverty, and identifies reduction strategies developed in Pakistan and its consequences. This exploratory study uses the secondary data for the analysis. Much has been written on poverty reduction in Pakistan. So many strategies are prepared and implemented in Pakistan; we have identified and analyzed these and found that no one is successful, and in the light of these results, it needs further contribution for the reduction of poverty. Trends have remained uneven during the study period. It is found that in 1970s, poverty decreased due to increase in prices of farm output and increase in remittance. In 1980s poverty decreased due to zakat distribution, increase in remittance growth in construction and services sector. Again after 2000 it reduced and much change is seen due to introduction of Microcredit, Khushhali bank and massive spending on poverty related and social sector. In the end implication are made for the better results of strategies and planning.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1995. "Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- D’Silva, E. & Wani, S. P. & Nagnath, B., 2004. "The making of new Powerguda: community empowerment and new technologies transform a problem village in Andhra Pradesh," IWMI Research Reports H035879, International Water Management Institute.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Ali Akbar Dhakan, 2007.
"Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques,"
Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS),
Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 147-166, December.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Dhakan, Ali Akbar, 2007. "Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques," MPRA Paper 5577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bryan W Husted, 1999. "Wealth, Culture, and Corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(2), pages 339-359, June.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Sectoral Performance In The African Economy – Some Issues And Trends," MPRA Paper 11089, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Muhammad Ali, 2007. "Reforming Farmland and Rangeland at Tharparkar: Suggested Implementations for Income Generation," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 14-32, June.
- Herani, Gobind & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Khaskheli, Muhammad Ali, 2007. "Reforming farmland and rangeland in Tharparkar: Suggested implementations for income generation," MPRA Paper 5542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alam, M S, 1995. "A Theory of Limits on Corruption and Some Applications," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 419-435.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Gobind M. Herani & Riaz Ahmad Shirazi & Mr. Noor Zaman, 2007. "Knowledge Transformation and Economic Development: The Role of Digital Technology- An Analysis," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 33-45, June.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Zaman, Noor & Alam, Adnan, 2007. "Knowledge Transformation and Economic Development: The Role of Digital Technology- An Analysis," MPRA Paper 5575, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Herani, Gobind & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2007. "Farming Management in Pakistan: Suggested Techniques," MPRA Paper 15947, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)