Socio-Economic Challenges Faced by Pakistan
This book is a collection of papers presented by eminent economists and social scientist during the two days national conference under the title "Socio-Economic Challenges Faced by Pakistan" held on 2nd & 3rd June 2008 at the Convention Centre of the International Islamic University (IIU), Islamabad. The conference was organized by the International Institute of Islamic Economics (IIIE) with the objective to provide an appropriate forum for debate and policy discussions on the emerging issues faced by the economy and to facilitate the governmental efforts, in the upcoming budget to address the emerging issues faced by the economy at the critical juncture which according to some was characterized as economic "melt down". That this national conference was indeed a success is manifest from overwhelming participation of the eminent economists from all parts of the country who either presented scholarly papers or took part in the dialogue by chairing various sessions of the conference and contributing their valuable suggestions.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Book Proceedings of National Conference International Islamic University Auditorium, Faisal Mosque Campus, Islamabad 2nd- 3rd June, 2008 (2009): pp. 1-358|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haque, Nadeem ul Haque, 2006. "Awake the Sleeper Within: Releasing the Energy of Stifled Domestic Commerce," MPRA Paper 2141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dilip Dutta & Nasiruddin Ahmed, 2001.
"Trade Liberalisation and Industrial Growth in Pakistan: A Cointegration Analysis,"
ASARC Working Papers
2001-01, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Dilip Dutta & Nasiruddin Ahmed, 2004. "Trade liberalization and industrial growth in Pakistan: a cointegration analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(13), pages 1421-1429.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Wasim, Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008.
"The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence,"
11615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Pervez Wasim & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Riaz Ahmed Shaikh, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," Journal of Global Economy, Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 4(3), pages 184-195, September.
- Herani, Gobind M & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," MPRA Paper 11654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ansari, Mohammed I., 1995. "Explaining the service sector growth: An empirical study of India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 233-246.
- repec:pra:mprapa:8318 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40570. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.