The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence
Livelihood depends upon development, which directly or indirectly needs intervention of Government, NGOs and Community Organizations, etc. Diversification widens people’s options, encourages spatially diverse transactions, increases cash in circulation in rural areas, and enhances human capital by providing those who diversify with new skills and experiences. People living in country are highly skilled can transform the available resources into something usable for consumption. Microcredit programmes have brought the vibrancy of the market economy to the poorest villages and the people of the World. This business approach to alleviation of poverty has allowed millions of individuals to work their way out of poverty with dignity. The contribution made by livelihood diversification to rural livelihoods is a significant one, which has often been ignored by policy makers. As Pakistan is also a developing country, that is why, we need to identify reasons. To keep these things in mind attempt has been made to identify the reasons of poverty as special objective; and to identify strategies made by country for the reduction of poverty and its consequences. This study is an exploratory research.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Zaman, Noor & Alam, Adnan, 2007.
"Knowledge Transformation and Economic Development: The Role of Digital Technology- An Analysis,"
5575, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Gobind M. Herani & Riaz Ahmad Shirazi & Mr. Noor Zaman, 2007. "Knowledge Transformation and Economic Development: The Role of Digital Technology- An Analysis," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 33-45, June.
- Bryan W Husted, 1999. "Wealth, Culture, and Corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(2), pages 339-359, June.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Dhakan, Ali Akbar, 2007.
"Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques,"
5577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Ali Akbar Dhakan, 2007. "Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 147-166, December.
- Herani, Gobind & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Khaskheli, Muhammad Ali, 2007.
"Reforming farmland and rangeland in Tharparkar: Suggested implementations for income generation,"
5542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Muhammad Ali, 2007. "Reforming Farmland and Rangeland at Tharparkar: Suggested Implementations for Income Generation," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 14-32, June.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 1995.
"Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/1995-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1995. "Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Sectoral Performance In The African Economy – Some Issues And Trends," MPRA Paper 11089, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- D’Silva, E. & Wani, S. P. & Nagnath, B., 2004. "The making of new Powerguda: community empowerment and new technologies transform a problem village in Andhra Pradesh," IWMI Research Reports H035879, International Water Management Institute.
- Herani, Gobind & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2007. "Farming Management in Pakistan: Suggested Techniques," MPRA Paper 15947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alam, M S, 1995. "A Theory of Limits on Corruption and Some Applications," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 419-35.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jge:journl:432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr J K Sachdeva)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.