Livlihood Diversification and Opinion Polls’ Analysis: Evidence From Tharparkar-Sindh (Pakistan)
In this paper attempt has been made: (i) to analyse the opinion poll of Thareies about livilihood and its diversifaction, (ii) to identify the livlihood available resources and attitute of Thareis to these resoures. Answers of the poll questions are analysed accordingly and coclusions are drawn from this analysis. Study reveals that Tharis like agriclture and main source of it is the livestock. It is the sustanable source of income. Agriculture is fail due to shortage of rain fall. Goats and sheep are the main much growing vareites of livestock. Every body want to rear it with intrest because, it is easily saleable and cashable. Attitude of Tharis shows that some people are ready to divert from conventional agriculture and adopt the other opportunity. Therefore awareness of new opportunity is needed .
|Date of creation:||15 Apr 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herani, Gobind M. & Wasim, Pervez & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008.
"The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence,"
11615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Pervez Wasim & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Riaz Ahmed Shaikh, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," Journal of Global Economy, Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 4(3), pages 184-195, September.
- Herani, Gobind M & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Wasim, Mohammad Pervez & Shaikh, Riaz Ahmed, 2008. "The Nature of Poverty and Its Prospects: Pakistan Evidence," MPRA Paper 11654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Muhammad Ali, 2007.
"Reforming Farmland and Rangeland at Tharparkar: Suggested Implementations for Income Generation,"
Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS),
Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 14-32, June.
- Herani, Gobind & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Khaskheli, Muhammad Ali, 2007. "Reforming farmland and rangeland in Tharparkar: Suggested implementations for income generation," MPRA Paper 5542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 1995.
"Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/1995-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1995. "Income portfolios in rural Ethiopia and Tanzania: choices and constraints," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.