Debt Sustainability for Low-Income Countries: A Review of Standard and Alternative Concepts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- berlage, Lodewijk & cassimon, Danny & dreze, Jacques & Reding, Paul, 2003.
"Prospective Aid and Indebtedness Relief: A Proposal,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1635-1654, October.
- BERLAGE, Lode & CASSIMON, Danny & DRÈZE, Jacques & REDING, Paul, 2000. "Prospective aid and indebtedness relief: A proposal," Working Papers 2000012, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- BERLAGE, Lodewijk & CASSIMON, Danny & DRÃˆZE, Jacques & REDING, Paul, 2003. "Prospective aid and indebtedness relief: a proposal," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1660, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BERLAGE, Lode & CASSIMON, Danny & DREZE, Jacques & REDING, Paul, 2000. "Prospective aid and indebtedness relief: a proposal," CORE Discussion Papers 2000032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nancy Birdsall & John Williamson, 2002. "Delivering on Debt Relief: From IMF Gold to a New Aid Architecture," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 337, March.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2002. "Resolving the Debt Crisis of Low-Income Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 257-286.
- John T. Cuddington, 1997.
"Analysing the Sustainability of Fiscal Deficits in Developing Countries,"
9706001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuddington, John T., 1997. "Analyzing the sustainability of fiscal deficitsin developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1784, The World Bank.
- Aart Kraay & Vikram Nehru, 2006. "When Is External Debt Sustainable?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 20(3), pages 341-365.
- Nicolas Depetris Chauvin & Aart Kraay, 2005. "What Has 100 Billion Dollars Worth of Debt Relief Done for Low- Income Countries?," International Finance 0510001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krugman, Paul, 1988. "Financing vs. forgiving a debt overhang," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 253-268, November.
- Helene Poirson Ward & Luca A Ricci & Catherine A Pattillo, 2004. "What Are the Channels Through Which External Debt Affects Growth?," IMF Working Papers 04/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Raffer, Kunibert, 1990. "Applying chapter 9 insolvency to international debts: An economically efficient solution with a human face," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-311, February.
- Catherine Pattillo & Hélène Poirson & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2011. "External Debt and Growth," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 2(3).
- Claessens, Stijn, 1990. "The debt laffer curve: Some estimates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(12), pages 1671-1677, December.
- Yan M Sun, 2004. "External Debt Sustainability in HIPC Completion Point Countries," IMF Working Papers 04/160, International Monetary Fund.
- William Easterly, 1999. "When is fiscal adjustment an illusion?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 55-86, April.
- Diwan, I. & Rodrik, D., 1992. "External Debt, Adjustment, and Burden Sharing: A Unified Framework," Princeton Studies in International Economics 73, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Nicolas Depetris Chauvin & Aart Kraay, 2007. "Who Gets Debt Relief?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 5(2-3), pages 333-342, 04-05.
- Cohen, Daniel, 1996. "The sustainability of African debt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1621, The World Bank.
- Ley, Eduardo, 2009. "Fiscal (and external) sustainability," MPRA Paper 13693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Hjertholm, 2003. "Theoretical and empirical foundations of HIPC debt sustainability targets," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 67-100.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danny Cassimon & Dennis Essers & Karel Verbeke, 2015. "What to do after the clean slate? Post-relief public debt sustainability and management," BeFinD Working Papers 0103, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Emanuele Baldacci & Sanjeev Gupta & Carlos Mulas-Granados, 2010. "Restoring Debt Sustainability After Crises; Implications for the Fiscal Mix," IMF Working Papers 10/232, International Monetary Fund.
- Evan Lau & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Soon, 2013. "The behavior of external debt in Asian countries: evidence based on panel unit root tests," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(sup1), pages 377-394, June.
- Ian Koetsier & Jacob Bikker, 2017.
"Herding behaviour of Dutch pension funds in sovereign bond investments,"
DNB Working Papers
569, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- I. Koetsier & J.A. Bikker, 2017. "Herding behaviour of Dutch pension funds in sovereign bond investments," Working Papers 17-15, Utrecht School of Economics.
- repec:nam:befdwp:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2017. "Flooded with debt," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(PA), pages 93-103.
- Salem Kanoun, 2012. "Linkages Between Fiscal Debt Sustainability, Growth And Poverty: An Application To Tunisia," Book Chapters, Institute of Economic Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt sustainbility; fiscal sustainability; debt overhang; Millennium Development Goals; human development;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.