La mobilità dei lavoratori dell’industria nel Veneto: dinamica di lungo periodo e aspetti differenziali
[Long-run labour mobility in Veneto manufacturing]
the chapter discusses labour mobility in Veneto from VWH (Veneto Worker Histories) database: 1982-1997. Mobility is related to the business cycle and to workers' careers. The population is split between movers and stayers, and the likelihood of chequered careers and instability is discussed.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alison L. Booth & Marco Francesconi & Carlos Garcia-Serrano, 1999.
"Job Tenure and Job Mobility in Britain,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(1), pages 43-70, October.
- Bruno Contini & Lia Pacelli & Claudia Villosio, 1999.
"Short employment spells in Italy, Germany and the UK: testing the 'port of entry' hypothesis,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20221, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- B Contini & l Pacelli & C Villosio, 1999. "Short Employment Spells in Italy, Germany and the UK: Testing the Port of Entry Hypothesis," CEP Discussion Papers dp0426, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bruno Contini & Lia Pacelli & Claudia Villosio, 2000. "Short Employment Spells in Italy, Germany and the UK: Testing the Port-of-Entry Hypothesis," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 14, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen, 1988. "Job Switching and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 495-594.
- Caballero, Ricardo J & Hammour, Mohamad L, 1994.
"The Cleansing Effect of Recessions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1350-68, December.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2000.
"Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones or Dead Ends?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
205, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Burda, Michael C & Wyplosz, Charles, 1993.
"Gross Worker and Job Flows in Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
868, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter AUER & Sandrine CAZES, 2000. "The resilience of the long-term employment relationship: Evidence from the industrialized countries," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 139(4), pages 379-408, December.
- Burgess, Simon & Lane, Julia & Stevens, David, 2001. "Churning dynamics: an analysis of hires and separations at the employer level," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, January.
- John M. Abowd & Patrick Corbel & Francis Kramarz, 1999.
"The Entry And Exit Of Workers And The Growth Of Employment: An Analysis Of French Establishments,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 170-187, May.
- John M. Abowd & Patrick Corbel & Francis Kramarz, 1996. "The Entry and Exit of Workers and the Growth of Employment: An Analysis of French Establishments," NBER Working Papers 5551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abowd, John M & Corbel, Patrick & Kramarz, Francis, 1997. "The Entry and Exit of Workers and the Growth of Employment: An Analysis of French Establishments," CEPR Discussion Papers 1765, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, June.
- Boeri, Tito, 1996. "Is Job Turnover Countercyclical?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 603-25, October.
- Burgess, Simon & Lane, Julia & Stevens, David, 2000.
"Job Flows, Worker Flows, and Churning,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 473-502, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.