Aspectos Metodológicos da Segmentação de Mercado: Base de Segmentação e Métodos de Classificação
This work provides a broad review of the past literature on market segmentation, focusing on a discussion of proposed bases and classification methods. Multiple segmentation bases are detached, organized according to two axes - observable/ unobservable, general/ specific of the product and evaluated according to some criteria that must be satisfied for an effective segmentation: identifiability, substantiality, accessibility, stability, actionability and responsiveness Classification methods grouped in three classes - nonoverlapping, overlapping and fuzzy, according to the format of the partition matrix they provide.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200 PORTO|
Web page: http://www.fep.up.pt/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.-L. Dubois & A. Jolibert, 2005. "Le marketing," Post-Print halshs-00095259, HAL.
- Kamakura, Wagner A & Novak, Thomas P, 1992. " Value-System Segmentation: Exploring the Meaning of LOV," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 119-132, June.
- Wayne DeSarbo & Richard Oliver & Arvind Rangaswamy, 1989. "A simulated annealing methodology for clusterwise linear regression," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 707-736, September.
- Hauser, John R. & Urban, Glen L., 1975.
"A normative methodology for modeling consumer response to innovation,"
785-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hauser, John R. & Urban, Glen L., 1976. "A normative methodology for modeling consumer response to innovation," Working papers 854-76., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Wayne DeSarbo & Vijay Mahajan, 1984. "Constrained classification: The use of a priori information in cluster analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 187-215, June.
- Michel Wedel & Wayne DeSarbo, 1995. "A mixture likelihood approach for generalized linear models," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 12(1), pages 21-55, March.
- Wayne Desarbo, 1982. "Gennclus: New models for general nonhierarchical clustering analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 449-475, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.