Aspectos Metodológicos da Segmentação de Mercado: Base de Segmentação e Métodos de Classificação
This work provides a broad review of the past literature on market segmentation, focusing on a discussion of proposed bases and classification methods. Multiple segmentation bases are detached, organized according to two axes - observable/ unobservable, general/ specific of the product and evaluated according to some criteria that must be satisfied for an effective segmentation: identifiability, substantiality, accessibility, stability, actionability and responsiveness Classification methods grouped in three classes - nonoverlapping, overlapping and fuzzy, according to the format of the partition matrix they provide.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200 PORTO|
Web page: http://www.fep.up.pt/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.-L. Dubois & A. Jolibert, 2005. "Le marketing," Post-Print halshs-00095259, HAL.
- Kamakura, Wagner A & Novak, Thomas P, 1992. " Value-System Segmentation: Exploring the Meaning of LOV," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 119-132, June.
- Wayne DeSarbo & Richard Oliver & Arvind Rangaswamy, 1989. "A simulated annealing methodology for clusterwise linear regression," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 707-736, September.
- Hauser, John R. & Urban, Glen L., 1975.
"A normative methodology for modeling consumer response to innovation,"
785-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hauser, John R. & Urban, Glen L., 1976. "A normative methodology for modeling consumer response to innovation," Working papers 854-76., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Wayne DeSarbo & Vijay Mahajan, 1984. "Constrained classification: The use of a priori information in cluster analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 187-215, June.
- Michel Wedel & Wayne DeSarbo, 1995. "A mixture likelihood approach for generalized linear models," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 12(1), pages 21-55, March.
- Wayne Desarbo, 1982. "Gennclus: New models for general nonhierarchical clustering analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 449-475, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.