On Ageing, Health and Poverty in Rural India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne Case & Angus S. Deaton, 2005.
"Broken Down by Work and Sex: How Our Health Declines,"
NBER Chapters,in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 185-212
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne C. Case & Angus Deaton, 2003. "Broken Down by Work and Sex: How Our Health Declines," NBER Working Papers 9821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 2004. "Broken down by work and sex: how our health declines," Working Papers 257, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Ettner, Susan L., 1996. "New evidence on the relationship between income and health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 67-85, February.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2004.
"Vulnerability, shocks and persistence of poverty: estimates for semi-arid rural South India,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 261-281.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha, 2002. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Economics Series Working Papers 128, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Imai, Katsushi & Raghav Gaiha, 2003. "Vulnerability, Shocks and Persistence of Poverty - Estimates for Semi-Arid Rural South India," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 111, Royal Economic Society.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Household income dynamics in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2706, The World Bank.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:7:1100-1105_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarmistha Pal & Robert Palacios, 2011.
"Understanding Poverty among the Elderly in India: Implications for Social Pension Policy,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1017-1037.
- Pal, Sarmistha & Palacios, Robert, 2008. "Understanding Poverty among the Elderly in India: Implications for Social Pension Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 3431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Angus S. Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998. "Measuring Poverty among the Elderly," NBER Chapters,in: Inquiries in the Economics of Aging, pages 169-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Blundell & Ian Preston, 1995. "Income, expenditure and the living standards of UK households," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(3), pages 40-54, August.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Grossman, Michael, 2000. "The human capital model," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 347-408 Elsevier.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Pandey, Manoj K., 2009. "Poverty and disability among elderly in India: evidences from household survey," MPRA Paper 15580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerdtham, U. -G. & Johannesson, M. & Lundberg, L. & Isacson, D., 1999. "The demand for health: results from new measures of health capital," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 501-521, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akanksha Srivastava & Sanjay Mohanty, 2012. "Poverty Among Elderly in India," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 109(3), pages 493-514, December.
More about this item
Keywordshealth; poverty; elderly;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-07-11 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-07-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-07-11 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2009-07-11 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HEA-2009-07-11 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:asarcc:2009-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raghbendra Jha). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.