U.S. Imports, 1972-1994: Data and Concordances
This paper describes data on U.S. imports from 1972-1994, classified according to the Tariff Schedule of the U.S. Annotated (TSUSA), Harmonized System (HS), Standard International Trade Classification (SITC, Revisions 2 and 3), and Standard Industrial Classification (SIC, 1972 basis), along with various concordances. All of these data sets are disaggregated by the source country for imports. These data are available on the CD-ROM: `NBER Trade Database, Disk 1: U.S. Imports, 1972-1994,' which can be ordered for $50 from the Publications Department, NBER, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138. The TSUSA and HS import data are at the most disaggregate level collected by the U.S. Census, and will be particularly useful for research on antidumping cases. The SITC import data will be valuable for those wanting to compare U.S. trade flows at a more aggregate level with comparable data for other countries. The SIC import data will be particularly useful for those wanting to study the effects of import competition on U.S. industries. A summary of the SIC data, which does not contain the source country detail and incorporates earlier years, is available via anonymous FTP from: nber.harvard.edu/pub/feenstra. A second CD-ROM, containing U.S. export data, will be released later in 1996.
|Date of creation:||Mar 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Knetter, Michael M, 1989. "Price Discrimination by U.S. and German Exporters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 198-210, March.
- Harrison, Ann, 1991. "The new trade protection : price effects of antidumping and countervailing measures in the United States," Policy Research Working Paper Series 808, The World Bank.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 1994. "New Product Varieties and the Measurement of International Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 157-177, March.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Clinton R. Shiells, 1996. "Bias in U.S. Import Prices and Demand," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of New Goods, pages 249-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, R.C. & Yang, T.H. & Hamilton, G.G., 1993.
"Market Structure and International Trade: Business Groups in East Asia,"
93-23, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Tzu-Han Yang & Gary G. Hamilton, 1993. "Market Structure and International Trade: Business Groups in East Asia," NBER Working Papers 4536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & Richard B. Freeman, 1991. "Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number abow91-1, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.