Information, Finance, and Markets: The Architecture of Allocative Mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Summers, L.H. & Summers, V.P., 1989. "When Financial Markets Work Too Well : A Cautious Case For A Securities Transactions Tax," Papers t12, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- J. Hirshleifer, 1966. "Investment Decision Under Uncertainty: Applications of the State-Preference Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 252-277.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Foley, Duncan K & Sidrauski, Miguel, 1970. "Portfolio Choice, Investment and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 44-63, March.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz, 1981. "Debt with Potential Repudiation: Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(2), pages 289-309.
- Akerlof, George A & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "Capital, Wages and Structural Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 79(314), pages 269-281, June.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1991.
"The Pure Theory of Country Risk,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 391-435
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1986.
"Lending with costly enforcement of repayment and potential fraud,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 281-293, June.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1985. "Lending with Costly Enforcement of Repayment and Potential Fraud," NBER Working Papers 1697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "On Value Maximization and Alternative Objectives of the Firm," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 389-402, May.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1980. "Takeover Bids, the Free-Rider Problem, and the Theory of the Corporation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 42-64, Spring.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988. "Why Financial Structure Matters," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 121-126, Fall.
- Townsend, Robert M., 1979.
"Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, October.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1979. "Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification," Staff Report 45, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ian Gale & Joseph Stiglitz, 1989. "A Simple Proof That Futures Markets are Almost Always Informationally Inefficient," NBER Working Papers 3209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Gale & Martin Hellwig, 1985. "Incentive-Compatible Debt Contracts: The One-Period Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 647-663.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kenney, Martin & Patton, Donald, 2003. "Innovation and Social Capital in Silicon Valley," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt25w6w54t, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Patton, Donald & Kenney, Martin, 2003. "The Spatial Distribution of Entrepreneurial Support Networks: Evidence from Semiconductor Inital Public Offerings from 1996 through 2000," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt7mb03695, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Elvin Wyly & Markus Moos & Daniel Hammel & Emanuel Kabahizi, 2009. "Cartographies of Race and Class: Mapping the Class-Monopoly Rents of American Subprime Mortgage Capital," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 332-354, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .