Taxation of Foreign-Owned Land
This paper examines the welfare effects of a tax on foreign purchases of domestic land. Using a simple static framework the paper shows that an appropriately chosen tax will generally be welfare-improving for the domestic country.
|Date of creation:||Aug 1989|
|Note:||ITI PE IFM|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan Eaton, 1984.
NBER Working Papers
1512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brander & Slobodan Djajic, 1982.
"Rent-Extracting Tariffs and the Management of Exhaustible Resources,"
468, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James Brander & Slobodan Djajic, 1983. "Rent-Extracting Tariffs and the Management of Exhaustible Resources," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 288-98, May.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1980.
"Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry,"
414, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1981. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(3), pages 371-89, August.
- Harry G. Johnson, 1953. "Optimum Tariffs and Retaliation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 142-153.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3070. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.