Strategic trade policy : how new? how sensible?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Katrak, Homi, 1977. "Multi-national Monopolies and Commercial Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 283-291, July.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1981.
"Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(3), pages 371-389, August.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara, 1980. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents Under Potential Entry," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275189, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1980. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry," Working Paper 414, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Paul Krugman, 1986. "Strategic Trade Policy and the New International Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262610450, September.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1983.
"International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 707-722.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982. "International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Working Paper 518, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1983. "International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," NBER Working Papers 1192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1983. "International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 118, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Eaton & Gene M. Grossman, 1986.
"Optimal Trade and Industrial Policy Under Oligopoly,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 383-406.
- Jonathan Eaton & Gene M. Grossman, 1983. "Optimal Trade and Industrial Policy Under Oligopoly," NBER Working Papers 1236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982. "Tariff Protection and Imperfect Competition," Working Paper 517, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Stegemann, Klaus, 1989. "Policy rivalry among industrial states: what can we learn from models of strategic trade policy?," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 73-100, January.
- Svedberg, Peter, 1979. "Optimal Tariff Policy on Imports from Multinationals," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(148), pages 64-67, March.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1987. "Is Free Trade Passe?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 131-144, Fall.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1984. "International Trade Policy for Oligopolistic Industries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 1-16, Supplemen.
- Pursell, G. & Snape, R. H., 1973. "Economies of scale, price discrimination and exporting," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 85-91, February.
- Snape, Richard H, 1977. "Trade Policy in the Presence of Economies of Scale and Product Variety," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 53(144), pages 525-534, December.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T. N. Srinivasan, 1989. "Recent Theories of Imperfect Competition and International Trade: Any Implications for Development Strategy?," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 1-23, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1990. "Free trade at risk? An historical perspective," International Finance Discussion Papers 391, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1990.
- Corbo, Vittorio & Fischer, Stanley, 1991. "Adjustment programs and Bank support : rationale and main results," Policy Research Working Paper Series 582, The World Bank.
- Asad Alam, 1995. "The New Trade Theory and its Relevance to the Trade Policies of Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 367-385, May.
- Dani Rodrik, 1993. "Trade and Industrial Policy Reform in Developing Countries: A Review of Recent Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walsh, Patrick, 1991.
"A general framework for analysing endogenous trade divergences,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6780, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Patrick Paul Walsh, 1991. "A General Framework for Analysing Endogenous Trade Divergences," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 04, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Alam, Asad & DEC, 1994. "The new trade theory and its relevance for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1274, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; TF054105-DONOR FUNDED OPERATION ADMINISTRATION FEE INCOME AND EXPENSE ACCOUNT; Trade Policy; General Technology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.