Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1980. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry," Working Paper 414, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara, 1980. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents Under Potential Entry," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275189, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franco Modigliani, 1958. "New Developments on the Oligopoly Front," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 215-215.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bils, Mark & Chang, Yongsung, 2000.
"Understanding how price responds to costs and production,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 33-77, June.
- Mark Bils & Yongsung Chang, 1999. "Understanding How Price Responds to Costs and Production," NBER Working Papers 7311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrade de Sá, Saraly & Daubanes, Julien, 2016.
"Limit pricing and the (in)effectiveness of the carbon tax,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 28-39.
- Saraly Andrade de Sá & Julien Daubanes, 2014. "Limit Pricing and the (In)Effectiveness of the Carbon Tax," CESifo Working Paper Series 5058, CESifo.
- Saraky Andrade de Sa & Julien Daubanes, 2014. "Limit Pricing and the (in)Effectiveness of the Carbon Tax," OxCarre Working Papers 136, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Amelio, Andrea & Giardino-Karlinger, Liliane & Valletti, Tommaso, 2020. "Exclusionary pricing in two-sided markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 73(C).
- Bagwell, Kyle & Wolinsky, Asher, 2002. "Game theory and industrial organization," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 49, pages 1851-1895, Elsevier.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2007.
"Paolo Sylos Labini, 1920-2005,"
Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 2-2.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2006. "Paolo Sylos Labini, 1920-2005," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 59(233), pages 3-21.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2006. "Paolo Sylos Labini, 1920-2005," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 3-21.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2006. "Paolo Sylos Labini, 1920-2005," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 3-21.
- Terrence August & Hyoduk Shin & Tunay I. Tunca, 2018. "Generating Value Through Open Source: Software Service Market Regulation and Licensing Policy," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 186-205, March.
- Jael, Paul, 2020. "A Rational Theory of Producer’s Equilibrium in Fifteen Principles," MPRA Paper 99456, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Beth Allen, 2000.
"Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth approach,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 15(3), pages 501-530.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand- Engeworth Approach," Papers 9483, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1995. "Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: a Bertrand-Edgeworth approach," Staff Report 187, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry:A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Industrial Organization 9411002, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Nov 1994.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1062, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Richard Schmalensee, 2012. "“On a Level with Dentists?” Reflections on the Evolution of Industrial Organization," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 41(3), pages 157-179, November.
- Biing‐Shiunn Yang & Chao‐Cheng Mai, 2009. "Löschian competition under demand uncertainty," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(4), pages 765-784, November.
- Rodolphe Dos Santos Ferreira & Frédéric Dufourt, 2007.
"Free entry equilibria with positive profits: A unified approach to quantity and price competition games,"
International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 3(2), pages 75-94, June.
- Rodolphe dos Santos Ferreira & Frédéric Dufourt, 2007. "Free entry equilibria with positive profits: A unified approach to quantity and price competition games," Post-Print halshs-00796163, HAL.
- Jean Jaskold Gabszewicz, 1979.
"Théories de la concurrence imparfaite : illustrations récentes de thèmes anciens,"
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., 1980. "Théories de la concurrence imparfaite: illustrations récentes de thèmes anciens," LIDAM Reprints CORE 398, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bayri, T. & Rosaasen, K.A. & Furtan, W.H., 1986. "Limit Pricing In The Nitrogen Fertilizer Market: An Application To The Saskatche'Wan Market," 1986 Annual Meeting, July 27-30, Reno, Nevada 278493, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lucio Fuentelsaz & Jaime Gomez, 2001. "Strategic and Queue effects on Entry in Spanish Banking," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 529-563, December.
- Federico Etro, 2008.
"Stackelberg Competition with Endogenous Entry,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(532), pages 1670-1697, October.
- Socorro, M. Pilar & Betancor, Ofelia, 2020. "Air transport subsidies for resident passengers: The unexpected effects on competition," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Kyle Bagwell & Garey Ramey, 1996. "Capacity, Entry, and Forward Induction," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(4), pages 660-680, Winter.
- Somma, Ernesto, 1999.
"The effect of incomplete information about future technological opportunities on pre-emption,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 765-799, August.
- Ernesto Somma, "undated". "The Effect of Incomplete Information about Future Technological Opportunities on Pre-Emption," Discussion Papers 95/41, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mauro Sylos Labini, 2015. "A ”conservative Marxist” at Harvard: the influence of Joseph A. Schumpeter on Paolo Sylos Labini," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 311-321, January.
- Jael, Paul, 2015. "Price, target rate of profit and entry preventing," MPRA Paper 65970, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:14:y:1981:i:3:p:371-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.