Do Differences in Schools' Instruction Time Explain International Achievement Gaps? Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven G. Rivkin & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain, 2005. "Teachers, Schools, and Academic Achievement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 417-458, March.
- Kane, Thomas J. & Rockoff, Jonah E. & Staiger, Douglas O., 2008.
"What does certification tell us about teacher effectiveness? Evidence from New York City,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 615-631, December.
- Thomas J. Kane & Jonah E. Rockoff & Douglas O. Staiger, 2006. "What Does Certification Tell Us About Teacher Effectiveness? Evidence from New York City," NBER Working Papers 12155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 2003. "The Failure of Input-Based Schooling Policies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 64-98, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Manuel Guío & Álvaro Choi, 2013. "Evolution of the school failure risk during the 2000 decade in Spain: analysis of Pisa results with a two-level logistic model," Working Papers 2013/17, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Torberg Falch & Marte Rønning, 2011.
"Homework assignment and student achievement in OECD countries,"
Working Paper Series
11411, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Torberg Falch & Marte Rønning, 2012. "Homework assignment and student achievement in OECD countries," Discussion Papers 711, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Shaun M. Dougherty, 2015. "Bridging the Discontinuity in Adolescent Literacy? Mixed Evidence from a Middle Grades Intervention," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 10(2), pages 157-192, March.
- Meyer, Erik & Van Klaveren, Chris, 2013. "The effectiveness of extended day programs: Evidence from a randomized field experiment in the Netherlands," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-11.
- Philipp Mandel & Bernd Süssmuth, 2011. "Total Instructional Time Exposure and Student Achievement: An Extreme Bounds Analysis Based on German State-Level Variation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3580, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joshua Goodman, 2014.
"Flaking Out: Student Absences and Snow Days as Disruptions of Instructional Time,"
141961, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Joshua Goodman, 2014. "Flaking Out: Student Absences and Snow Days as Disruptions of Instructional Time," NBER Working Papers 20221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Battistin, Erich & Meroni, Elena Claudia, 2016.
"Should we increase instruction time in low achieving schools? Evidence from Southern Italy,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 39-56.
- Battistin, Erich & Meroni, Elena Claudia, 2013. "Should We Increase Instruction Time in Low Achieving Schools? Evidence from Southern Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 7437, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .