"Conditional scholarships" for HIV/AIDS Health Workers: Educating and Retaining the Workforce to Provide Antiretroviral Treatment in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bärnighausen, Till & Bloom, David E., 2009. ""Conditional scholarships" for HIV/AIDS health workers: Educating and retaining the workforce to provide antiretroviral treatment in sub-Saharan Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 544-551, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Michael J & Viscusi, W Kip, 1988. "The Quantity-Adjusted Value of Life," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(3), pages 369-388, July.
- Cohen, Desmond., 2002. "Human capital and the HIV epidemic in sub-Saharan Africa," ILO Working Papers 993581133402676, International Labour Organization.
- Nicholas Barr, 2004. "Higher Education Funding," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 264-283, Summer.
- K. Shanmugam, 2000. "Valuations of Life and Injury Risks," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(4), pages 379-389, August.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertozzi, Stefano & Gutierrez, Juan-Pablo & Opuni, Marjorie & Walker, Neff & Schwartlander, Bernhard, 2004. "Estimating resource needs for HIV/AIDS health care services in low-income and middle-income countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 189-200, August.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:358113 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2007. "World Development Indicators 2007," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8150.
- Barr, Nicholas, 2004. "Higher education funding," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 288, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Y. Yazdanpanah & E. Losina & X. Anglaret & S.J. Goldie & R.P. Walensky & M.C. Weinstein & S. Toure & H.E. Smith & J.E. Kaplan & K.A. Freedberg & For The Global Aids Policy Model Investigators, 2005. "Clinical impact and cost-effectiveness of co-trimoxazole prophylaxis in patients with HIV/AIDS in Cote d'Ivoire: a trial-based analysis," Post-Print hal-00201936, HAL.
- Johansson, Per-Olov, 2001. "Is there a meaningful definition of the value of a statistical life?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 131-139, January.
- Gibson, John & Barns, Sandra & Cameron, Michael & Lim, Steven & Scrimgeour, Frank & Tressler, John, 2007. "The Value of Statistical Life and the Economics of Landmine Clearance in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 512-531, March.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joanna Siegel & George Torrance & Louise Russell & Bryan Luce & Milton Weinstein & Marthe Gold, 1997. "Guidelines for Pharmacoeconomic Studies," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 159-168, February.
- S.J. Goldie & Y. Yazdanpanah & E. Losina & M.C. Weinstein & X. Anglaret & R.P. Walensky & H.E. Hsu & A. Kimmel & C. Holmes & J.E. Kaplan & K.A. Freedberg, 2006. "Cost-effectiveness of HIV treatment in Resource-Poor Settings - The case of Côte d'Ivoire," Post-Print hal-00199992, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Till Bärnighausen & David E. Bloom, 2008. "Designing financial-incentive programmes for return of medical service in underserved areas of sub-Saharan Africa," PGDA Working Papers 3708, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Till Bärnighausen & David E. Bloom, 2009. "Changing Research Perspectives on the Global Health Workforce," NBER Working Papers 15168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-09-30 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2007-09-30 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:13396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .