Economic Integration in East Asia: Trends, Prospects, and a Possible Roadmap
This paper, which is a revised version of the ADB Working Paper on Regional Economic Integration No. 2, reviews trends in East Asian regionalism in the areas of trade and investment, money and finance, and infrastructure. It finds that trade and, to a lesser extent, financial integration is starting to increase in the region. It also finds that business cycles are starting to be more synchronized, enhancing the case for further monetary integration among these countries. The paper also outlines a roadmap for East Asian integration.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637332|
Fax: 6795 5797
Web page: http://egc.hss.ntu.edu.sg/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brian M. Doyle & Jon Faust, 2005.
"Breaks in the Variability and Comovement of G-7 Economic Growth,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 721-740, November.
- Brian M. Doyle & Jon Faust, 2003. "Breaks in the variability and co-movement of G-7 economic growth," International Finance Discussion Papers 786, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barry Eichengreen, 2006. "The Parallel-Currency Approach to Asian Monetary Integration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 432-436, May.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-25, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kwanho Shin & Yunjong Wang, 2003.
"Trade Integration and Business Cycle Synchronization in East Asia,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 2(3), pages 1-20.
- Kwanho Shin & Yunjong Wang, 2003. "Trade Integration and Business Cycle Synchronization in East Asia," ISER Discussion Paper 0574, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Kawai, Masahiro, 2005. "East Asian economic regionalism: progress and challenges," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 29-55, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nan:wpaper:0701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magdalene Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.