Environmental protection expenditure: Ex-post evaluation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ulrike Mandl & Adriaan Dierx & Fabienne Ilzkovitz, 2008. "The effectiveness and efficiency of public spending," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 301, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," SESO Working Papers 1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Jollands, Nigel, 2006. "Concepts of efficiency in ecological economics: Sisyphus and the decision maker," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 359-372, March.
- Hannon, Bruce, 2001. "Ecological pricing and economic efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 19-30, January.
- Andrew Burns & Kwang-Yeol Yoo, 2002. "Improving the Efficiency and Sustainability of Public Expenditure in the Czech Republic," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 328, OECD Publishing.
- De Borger, B & Kerstens, K. & Moesen, W. & Vanneste, J., 1994.
"Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 339-358, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, K. & MOESEN, Wim & VANNESTE, Jacques, 1992. "Explaining differences in productive efficiency: An application to Belgian municipalities," SESO Working Papers 1992003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Kalseth, Jorid & Rattso, Jorn, 1995. "Spending and overspending in local government administration: A minimum requirement approach applied to Norway," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 239-251, June.
- Angel Prieto & José ZofIo, 2001. "Evaluating Effectiveness in Public Provision of Infrastructure and Equipment: The Case of Spanish Municipalities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Ring, Irene, 2002. "Ecological public functions and fiscal equalisation at the local level in Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 415-427, September.
- Davis, Michael L & Hayes, Kathy, 1993. "The Demand for Good Government," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 148-152, February.
- António Afonso & Sónia Fernandes, 2005. "Assessing and Explaining the Relative Efficiency of Local Government: Evidence for Portuguese Municipalities," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/19, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe & TULKENS, Henry & JAMAR, Marie-Astrid, 1993. "Cost efficiency in Belgian municipalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:sbe:breart:v:25:y:2005:i:2:a:2507 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmethodology; efficiency; municipality; environmental protection expenditure.;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H59 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Other
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-06-09 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-06-09 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mub:wpaper:08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emunicz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.