Pessimism or optimism : a justification to voluntary contributions toward environmental quality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Johanna Etner & Meglena Jeleva & Pierre-Andre Jouvet, 2009. "Pessimism Or Optimism: A Justification To Voluntary Contributions Toward Environmental Quality ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 308-319, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Roell, Ailsa A, 1987. "Risk Aversion in Quiggin and Yaari's Rank-Order Model of Choice under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 143-159, Supplemen.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Cohen, Michele, 1994. "Risk Seeking with Diminishing Marginal Utility in a Non-expected Utility Model," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 77-91, July.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Gollier, Christian & Jullien, Bruno & Treich, Nicolas, 2000. "Scientific progress and irreversibility: an economic interpretation of the 'Precautionary Principle'," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Graciela Chichilnisky & Geoffrey Heal, 1993. "Global Environmental Risks," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 65-86, Fall.
- Quiggin, John, 1991. "Comparative Statics for Rank-Dependent Expected Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 339-350, December.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Pierre-André Jouvet, 1998.
"Voluntary Contributions with Uncertainty: The Environmental Quality,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 23(2), pages 151-165, December.
- Jouvet, P.-A., 1995. "Voluntary Contributions with Uncertainty: the Environmental Quality," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 97a30, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- JOUVET, Pierre-André, 1998. "Voluntary contributions with uncertainty: the environmental quality," CORE Discussion Papers 1998020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
- Philippe Michel & Gilles Rotillon, 1995. "Disutility of pollution and endogenous growth," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(3), pages 279-300, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Etner, Johanna & Jeleva, Meglena & Jouvet, Pierre-Andre, 2007.
"Risk perceptions, voluntary contributions and environmental policy,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 130-139, September.
- Johanna Etner & Meglena Jeleva & Pierre-André Jouvet, 2004. "Risk Perceptions, Voluntary Contributions and Environmental Policy," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04097, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Benjamin Ouvrard & Sandrine Spaeter, 2016. "Environmental Incentives: Nudge or Tax?," Working Papers of BETA 2016-23, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Kene Boun My & Benjamin Ouvrard, 2017. "Nudge and Tax in an Environmental Public Goods Experiment: Does Environmental Sensitivity Matter?," Working Papers of BETA 2017-06, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Benjamin Ouvrard & Sandrine Spaeter, 2016. "Environmental Incentives: Nudge or Tax?," Working Papers 2016.15, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk perception; pessimism; optimism; environmental quality.;
- D89 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Other
- D69 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Other
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2004-12-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2004-12-12 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:v04099. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/msep1fr.html .