On the precautionary motive for savings and prudence, in an EU and a NEU framework
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alain Chateauneuf & Ghizlane Lakhnati & Eric Langlais, 2005. "On the precautionary motive for savings and prudence, in an EU and a NEU framework," Post-Print halshs-00194667, HAL.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Ghizlane Lakhnati & Eric Langlais, 2005. "On the precautionary motive for savings and prudence, in an EU and a NEU framework," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00194667, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972. "Consumption decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Cohen, Michele, 1994. "Risk Seeking with Diminishing Marginal Utility in a Non-expected Utility Model," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 77-91, July.
- Fanny Demers & Michel Demers, 1992.
"Saving Under Uncertainty: A Bivariate Non-Expected Utility Approach,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 17(1), pages 61-75, June.
- Fanny Demers & Michel Demers, 1991. "Saving Under Uncertainty : A Bivariate Non-Expected Utility Approach," Carleton Economic Papers 91-15, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 1992.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Segal, Uzi & Spivak, Avia, 1990. "First order versus second order risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 111-125, June.
- Allais Maurice, 1990. "Cardinal Utility," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-38, June.
- Quiggin, John, 1991. "Comparative Statics for Rank-Dependent Expected Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 339-350, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Schlesinger, Harris & Tsetlin, Ilia, 2009.
"Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(3), pages 994-1003, May.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger & Ilia Tsetlin, 2008. "Apportioning of Risks via Stochastic Dominance," CESifo Working Paper Series 2467, CESifo.
- H. Schlesinger & L. Eeckhoudt & I. Tsetlin, 2009. "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," Post-Print hal-00567952, HAL.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHELSINGER, Harris & TSETLIN, Ilia, 2009. "Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2096, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
More about this item
KeywordsEU model; RDEU model; strong risk aversion; pessimism; prudence and local weak prudence;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2005-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b05034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/msep1fr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.