Pratiques des employeurs en matière de licenciements : une analyse sur données d'entreprises
The main purpose of the article is to analyze employers' practices in terms of layoffs over the period 1999-2009. Our empirical approach is based on firm dataset from matching worker movements data (EMMO-DMMO) and accounting data (EAE). We want to identify the factors linking the two types of layoffs (for economic reason and for personal reason). The results of the econometric analysis show a separation between dismissal for personal reason and dismissal for economic reason: on the one hand, the economic indicators have a more systematic influence on dismissal for economic reason; on the other hand, worker management variables are clearly more associated with the use of dismissal for personnal reason
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13|
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bénédicte Reynaud, 2010. "Workforce reduction and firm performance: Evidence from French firm data," PSE Working Papers halshs-00564828, HAL.
- Patrick Sentis, 1998. "Performances à long terme et caractéristiques financières des entreprises qui réduisent leurs effectifs," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(4), pages 115-150, December.
- Évelyne Serverin & Julie Valentin & Thierry Kirat & Damien Sauze & Raphaël Dalmasso, 2008.
"Évaluer le droit du licenciement. Comparaison des droits et des procédures, mesure des actions,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(4), pages 29-64.
- Thierry Kirat & Evelyne Serverin & Julie Valentin & Damien Sauze & Raphaël Dalmasso, 2008. "Évaluer le droit du licenciement : comparaison des droits et des procédures, mesure des actions," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00365518, HAL.
- Samuel Bentolila & Giuseppe Bertola, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:12049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.