Are Instincts Hardened Routines? A Radical Proposal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marciano, Alain & Khalil, Elias L., 2012.
"Optimization, path dependence and the law: Can judges promote efficiency?,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 72-82.
- Marciano, Alain & Khalil, Elias L., 2012. "Optimization, Path Dependence and the Law: Can Judges Promote Efficiency?," IEL Working Papers 9, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Khalil, Elias L., 1989. "Adam Smith and Albert Einstein: The Aesthetic Principle of Truth," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 222-237, September.
- Markus C. Becker & Nathalie Lazaric & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 2005.
"Applying organizational routines in understanding organizational change,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(5), pages 775-791, October.
- Markus Becker & Nathalie Lazaric & Richard Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 2005. "Applying Organizational Routines in understanding organizational change," Post-Print hal-00457068, HAL.
- Birendra K. Rai & Chiu Ki So & Aaron Nicholas, 2012. "A Primer On Mathematical Modelling In Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 594-615, September.
- Liebowitz, S J & Margolis, Stephen E, 1990. "The Fable of the Keys," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 1-25, April.
- Khalil, Elias L., 2010. "The Bayesian fallacy: Distinguishing internal motivations and religious beliefs from other beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 268-280, August.
- Elias Khalil, 2009. "Natural selection and rational decision: two concepts of optimization," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 417-435, June.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Haig, David, 2011. "Sympathy with Adam Smith and reflexions on self," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 4-13, January.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
More about this item
KeywordsRational Choice; Binary Operator; Binary Relator; Natural Selection; Lamarckianism; Ockham’s razor; Intelligence; Path Dependence; Spandrelism; Herbert Simon’s Procedural Rationality; Modularity; the Baldwin Effect; Proximate and Ultimate Reasons;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:2012-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.