Access to work and disability: the case of Italy
This paper is an empirical study on the work opportunities of people with disability using the Istat survey on health conditions 2004-2005, that collects information on the health status and disability condition on the whole Italian population and allows a comparison between disabled and not disabled persons. For this purpose we investigate the probability to be employed by disability status. People with disability show a lower probability of being employed and their employment probability is even lower if with psychic disability. By disaggregating by disability status our analysis can recognize a higher positive effect of investing in education on the probability of employment for people with disabilities.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.capp.unimore.it|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J., 2003. "Disability, Gender and the Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 936, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asghar Zaidi & Tania Burchardt, 2005. "Comparing Incomes When Needs Differ: Equivalization For The Extra Costs Of Disability In The U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 89-114, 03.
- Michael P. Kidd & Peter J. Sloane & Ivan Ferko, 1998.
"Disability and the Labour Market: an analysis of British males,"
98-10, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Kidd, Michael P. & Sloane, Peter J. & Ferko, Ivan, 2000. "Disability and the labour market: an analysis of British males," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 961-981, November.
- J. Cullinan & B. Gannon & S. Lyons, 2011. "Estimating the extra cost of living for people with disabilities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 582-599, May.
- Giuliana Parodi & Dario Sciulli, 2012.
"Disability and low income persistence in Italian households,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 9-26, June.
- Parodi, Giuliana & Sciulli, Dario, 2010. "Disability and Low Income Persistence in Italian Households," MPRA Paper 28303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melanie K. Jones & Paul L. Latreille & Peter J. Sloane, 2006. "Disability, gender, and the British labour market," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 407-449, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mod:cappmo:0111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sara Colombini)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.