Brain Drain and Institutions of Governance: Educational Attainment of Immigrants to the US 1988-2000
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003.
"Ethnic discrimination and the migration of skilled labor,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 159-172, February.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Ethnic Discrimination and the Migration of Skilled Labor," Working Papers 2001-19, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2003. "Ethnic discrimination and the migration of skilled labor," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/229568, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jasso, Guillermina & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1990. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 298-304, March.
- Julian R. Betts & Magnus Lofstrom, 2000.
"The Educational Attainment of Immigrants: Trends and Implications,"
NBER Chapters,in: Issues in the Economics of Immigration, pages 51-116
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julian R. Betts & Magnus Lofstrom, 1998. "The Educational Attainment of Immigrants: Trends and Implications," NBER Working Papers 6757, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Omar Arias & Walter Sosa-Escudero & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
"Individual heterogeneity in the returns to schooling: instrumental variables quantile regression using twins data,"
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 7-40.
- Omar Arias & Kevin F. Hallock & Walter Sosa Escudero, 1999. "Individual Heterogeneity in the Returns to Schooling: Instrumental Variables Quantile Regression using Twins Data," Department of Economics, Working Papers 016, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linnea Polgreen & Nicole B. Simpson, 2006. "Recent Trends in the Skill Composition of Legal U.S. Immigrants," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 938-957, April.
- Christopher R. Bollinger & Barry T. Hirsch, 2006.
"Match Bias from Earnings Imputation in the Current Population Survey: The Case of Imperfect Matching,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 483-520, July.
- Bollinger, Christopher R. & Hirsch, Barry, 2005. "Match Bias from Earnings Imputation in the Current Population Survey: The Case of Imperfect Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1846, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brati Sankar Chakraborty, 2006. "Brain drain: An alternative theorization," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 293-309.
- Gang, Ira N & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L, 1994. "Labor Market Effects of Immigration in the United States and Europe: Substitution vs. Complementarity," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 157-175.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Le, Anh T. & Miller, Paul W., 2006. "How Immigrants Fare Across the Earnings Distribution: International Analyses," IZA Discussion Papers 2405, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cohen, Yinon & Zach, Tzippi & Chiswick, Barry, 1997. "The educational attainment of immigrants: Changes over time," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 229-243.
- Grossman, Jean Baldwin, 1982. "The Substitutability of Natives and Immigrants in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 596-603, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michel Beine & Khalid Sekkat, 2012. "Emigration and Origin Country’s Institutions: Does the Destination Country Matter?," Working Papers 675, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Michel Beine & Khalid Sekkat, 2013.
"Skilled migration and the transfer of institutional norms,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Michel Beine & Khalid Sekkat, 2012. "Skilled Migration and the Transfer of Institutional Norms," Working Papers 681, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; institutions; political instability; brain drain;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-11-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-11-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mdl:mdlpap:0919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.