What determines workers’ preferences for efficiency over equity wages?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gottfries, Nils & Westermark, Andreas, 1998.
"Nominal wage contracts and the persistent effects of monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 207-223, February.
- Gottfries, N. & Westermak, A., 1995. "Nominal Wage Contracts and the Persistent Effects of Monetary Policy," Papers 1995-22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 1999.
"Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 369-406.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, "undated". "Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan," Working Papers 97019, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1998. "Human capital, productivity, and labor allocation in rural Pakistan," FCND discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carter, Thomas J., 2005. "Money and efficiency wages: the neglected effect of employment on efficiency," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 199-209, March.
- Malcomson, James M, 1981. "Unemployment and the Efficiency Wage Hypothesis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 848-866, December.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
More about this item
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:200933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .