Energy Use Patterns and Firm Performance: Evidence from Indian Industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Couto & Daniel Graham, 2009. "The determinants of efficiency and productivity in European railways," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(22), pages 2827-2851.
- de Groot, Henri L. F. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001.
"Energy saving by firms: decision-making, barriers and policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 717-740, November.
- Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp, 1999. "Energy Saving by Firms: Decision-Making, Barriers and Policies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1990. "Internal versus External Market Conditions and Firm Profitability: An Exploratory Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 773-792, September.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1984. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 26-30, May.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 2003. "Environmentally important paths, linkages and key sectors in the Australian economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Sahu, Santosh & Narayanan, K, 2010. "Determinants of Energy Intensity in Indian Manufacturing Industries: A Firm Level Analysis," MPRA Paper 21646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faruq Hasan A & Yi David T., 2010. "The Determinants of Technical Efficiency of Manufacturing Firms in Ghana," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-23, October.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of Energy Intensity and Its Determinants at the State Level," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-26.
- Richard G. Newell & Adam B. Jaffe & Robert N. Stavins, 1999.
"The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 941-975.
- Richard G. Newell & Adam B. Jaffe & Robert N. Stavins, 1998. "The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change," NBER Working Papers 6437, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 1998. "The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change," Discussion Papers dp-98-12-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G. & Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1998. "The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change," Discussion Papers 10521, Resources for the Future.
- Sam H. Schurr, 1982. "Energy Efficiency and Productive Efficiency: Some Thoughts Based on American Experience," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 3-14.
- Edward Oczkowski & Kishor Sharma, 2005. "Determinants of Efficiency in Least Developed Countries: Further Evidence from Nepalese Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 617-630.
- Lassaad Lachaal & Boubaker Karray & Boubaker Dhehibi & Ali Chebil, 2005. "Technical Efficiency Measures and Its Determinants for Olive Producing Farms in Tunisia: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 17(3), pages 580-591.
- Christina M. L. Kelton & Margaret K. Pasquale & Robert P. Rebelein, 2008. "Using the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) to Identify National Industry Cluster Templates for Applied Regional Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 305-321, April.
- Jan Oosterhaven & Dirk Stelder, 2002. "Net Multipliers Avoid Exaggerating Impacts: With A Bi-Regional Illustration for the Dutch Transportation Sector," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 533-543.
- Cornillie, Jan & Fankhauser, Samuel, 2004. "The energy intensity of transition countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-295, May.
- Roberts, Mark J & Tybout, James R, 1997. "The Decision to Export in Colombia: An Empirical Model of Entry with Sunk Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 545-564, September.
- Sue Wing, Ian, 2008. "Explaining the declining energy intensity of the U.S. economy," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 21-49, January.
- Luis R. Murillo-Zamorano, 2005. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth: A Controversial Issue?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 69-88.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1984. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 11-26.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:63:y:2018:i:02:n:s0217590817400173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santosh K. Sahu & Deepanjali Mehta, 2018.
"Determinants Of Energy And Co2 Emission Intensities: A Study Of Manufacturing Firms In India,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 63(02), pages 389-407, March.
- Santosh K. Sahu & Deepanjali Mehta, 2015. "Determinants of Energy and CO2 Emission Intensities: A Study of Manufacturing Firms in India," Working Papers 2015-116, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Xin Yan & Jianping Ge, 2017. "The Economy-Carbon Nexus in China: A Multi-Regional Input-Output Analysis of the Influence of Sectoral and Regional Development," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-28, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Use; Firm Performance; Indian Manufacturing; Energy Intensity; Profitability;
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2014-12-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2014-12-24 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2014-12-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2014-12-24 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mad:wpaper:2014-092. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geetha G). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mseacin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.