The Growth and Decay of Custom: The Role of the New Institutional Economics in Economic History
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Basu, Kaushik & Jones, Eric & Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1987. "The growth and decay of custom: The role of the new institutional economics in economic history," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Basu, Kaushik & Jones, Eric & Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1987. "The Growth and Decay of Custom: The Role of the New Institutional Economics in Economic History," MPRA Paper 3790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Wittman, Donald, 1982. "Efficient Rules in Highway Safety and Sports Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 78-90, March.
- Field, Alexander James, 1984. "Microeconomics, Norms, and Rationality," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(4), pages 683-711, July.
- Von Schlicht Ekkehart, 1975. "A Neoclassical Theory of Wealth Distribution," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 189(1-2), pages 78-96, January.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, .
"Isolation and Aggregation in Economics,"
Monographs in Economics,
University of Munich, Department of Economics, number 38821, July-Dec.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1984. "Plant Closings, Worker Reallocation Costs and Efficiency Gains to Labor Representation on the Board of Directors: Comment on Furubotn/Wiggins," Munich Reprints in Economics 3342, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1986. "One Kind of Power," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 259-282, July.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Field, Alexander James, 1981. "The problem with neoclassical institutional economics: A critique with special reference to the North/Thomas model of pre-1500 Europe," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 174-198, April.
- Bauer, P T, 1971. "Economic History as Theory," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(150), pages 163-179, May.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1969. "Classificatory Notes on the Production and Transmission of Technological Knowledge," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 29-35, May.
- Jones, E L, 1974. "Institutional Determinism and the Rise of the Western World," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(1), pages 114-124, March.
- C. C. von Weizsäcker, 1966. "Tentative Notes on a Two Sector Model with Induced Technical Progress," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 245-251.
- von Weizsacker, Carl Christian, 1971. "Notes on endogenous change of tastes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 345-372, December.
- George Akerlof, 1976. "The Economics of Caste and of the Rat Race and Other Woeful Tales," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 599-617.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, . "Economic Analysis and Organised Religion," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eric Jones, 1997. "China’s Strategie Preferences: Alastair Iain Johnston, Cultural Realism: Strategic Culture and Grand Strategy in Chinese History, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1995," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 4(4), pages 495-504.
- Joseph Siani, 2015. "A Multidimensional Analysis of Poverty using the Fuzzy Set Approach. Evidence from Cameroonian data," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(3), pages 2012-2025.
- Claude Diebolt & Michael Haupert, 2018.
"A cliometric counterfactual: what if there had been neither Fogel nor North?,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 12(3), pages 407-434, September.
- Claude Diebolt & Michael Haupert, 2017. "A Cliometric Counterfactual: What if There Had Been Neither Fogel nor North?," Working Papers of BETA 2017-04, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Claude Diebolt & Michael Haupert, 2017. "A Cliometric Counterfactual: What if There Had Been Neither Fogel nor North?," Working Papers 05-17, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Goyal, Sanjeev & Janssen, Maarten C. W., 1995. "Dynamic coordination failures and the efficiency of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-239, October.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, . "Koordinationskosten und "Social Capital"," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sergio Parrinello, 2002.
"The 'institutional factor' in the theory of international trade: new vs. old trade theories,"
Chapters,in: Is There Progress in Economics?, chapter 15
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Parrinello, Sergio, 2000. "The "institutional factor" in the theory of international trade: new vs. old trade theories," MPRA Paper 31472, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kubler, Dorothea, 2001. "On the Regulation of Social Norms," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 449-476, October.
- repec:nwe:eajour:y:2018:i:3:p:348-372 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carnaje, Gideon P., 2007. "Contractual Arrangements in Philippine Fisheries," Discussion Papers DP 2007-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1995. "Civil institutions and evolution: Concepts, critique and models," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 19-33, February.
- Sindzingre, Alice, 2005. "Explaining Threshold Effects of Globalization on Poverty: An Institutional Perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series 053, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Schmid, Günther, 1989. "Die neue institutionelle Ökonomie: Königsweg oder Holzweg zu einer Institutionstheorie des Arbeitsmarktes?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 386-408.
- Cramb, Rob A., 1993. "The Evolution of Property Rights to Land in Sarawak: An Institutionalist Perspective," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(02-2), pages 1-12, August.
More about this item
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lmu:muenar:3328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.