The growth and decay of custom: The role of the new institutional economics in economic history
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Basu, Kaushik & Jones, Eric & Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1987. "The Growth and Decay of Custom: The Role of the New Institutional Economics in Economic History," MPRA Paper 3790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basu, Kaushik & Jones, Eric & Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1987. "The Growth and Decay of Custom: The Role of the New Institutional Economics in Economic History," Munich Reprints in Economics 3328, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, P T, 1971. "Economic History as Theory," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(150), pages 163-179, May.
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1969. "Classificatory Notes on the Production and Transmission of Technological Knowledge," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 29-35, May.
- Jones, E L, 1974. "Institutional Determinism and the Rise of the Western World," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(1), pages 114-124, March.
- Wittman, Donald, 1982. "Efficient Rules in Highway Safety and Sports Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 78-90, March.
- Field, Alexander James, 1984. "Microeconomics, Norms, and Rationality," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(4), pages 683-711, July.
- C. C. von Weizsäcker, 1966. "Tentative Notes on a Two Sector Model with Induced Technical Progress," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 245-251.
- Von Schlicht Ekkehart, 1975. "A Neoclassical Theory of Wealth Distribution," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 189(1-2), pages 78-96, January.
- von Weizsacker, Carl Christian, 1971. "Notes on endogenous change of tastes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 345-372, December.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, .
"Isolation and Aggregation in Economics,"
Monographs in Economics,
University of Munich, Department of Economics, number 38821, November.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1984. "Plant Closings, Worker Reallocation Costs and Efficiency Gains to Labor Representation on the Board of Directors: Comment on Furubotn/Wiggins," Munich Reprints in Economics 3342, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1986. "One Kind of Power," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 259-282, July.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- George Akerlof, 1976. "The Economics of Caste and of the Rat Race and Other Woeful Tales," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 599-617.
- Field, Alexander James, 1981. "The problem with neoclassical institutional economics: A critique with special reference to the North/Thomas model of pre-1500 Europe," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 174-198, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Jones, 1997. "China’s Strategie Preferences: Alastair Iain Johnston, Cultural Realism: Strategic Culture and Grand Strategy in Chinese History, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1995," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 4(4), pages 495-504.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, . "Economic Analysis and Organised Religion," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Siani, 2015. "A Multidimensional Analysis of Poverty using the Fuzzy Set Approach. Evidence from Cameroonian data," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(3), pages 2012-2025.
- Goyal, Sanjeev & Janssen, Maarten C. W., 1995. "Dynamic coordination failures and the efficiency of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-239, October.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, . "Koordinationskosten und "Social Capital"," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sergio Parrinello, 2002.
"The 'institutional factor' in the theory of international trade: new vs. old trade theories,"
Chapters,in: Is There Progress in Economics?, chapter 15
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Parrinello, Sergio, 2000. "The "institutional factor" in the theory of international trade: new vs. old trade theories," MPRA Paper 31472, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kubler, Dorothea, 2001. "On the Regulation of Social Norms," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 449-476, October.
- Carnaje, Gideon P., 2007. "Contractual Arrangements in Philippine Fisheries," Discussion Papers DP 2007-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1995. "Civil institutions and evolution: Concepts, critique and models," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 19-33, February.
- Sindzingre, Alice, 2005. "Explaining Threshold Effects of Globalization on Poverty: An Institutional Perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series 053, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Schmid, Günther, 1989. "Die neue institutionelle Ökonomie: Königsweg oder Holzweg zu einer Institutionstheorie des Arbeitsmarktes?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 386-408.
- Cramb, Rob A., 1993. "The Evolution of Property Rights to Land in Sarawak: An Institutionalist Perspective," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(02), August.
More about this item
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:24:y:1987:i:1:p:1-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .