German Stagnation vs. Swedish Progression: Gender Wage Gaps in Comparison, 1960-2006
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael P. Kidd & Michael Shannon, 1996.
"The Gender Wage Gap: A Comparison of Australia and Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 121-125, April.
- Michael P. Kidd & Michael Shannon, 1996. "The Gender Wage Gap: A Comparison of Australia and Canada," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 49(4), pages 729-746, July.
- Mette Ejrnæs & Astrid Kunze, 2002.
"Wage dips and drops around the first birth,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
C2-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Mette Ejrnæs & Astrid Kunze, 2004. "Wage Dips and Drops around First Birth," CAM Working Papers 2004-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Kunze, Astrid & Ejrnæs, Mette, 2004. "Wage Dips and Drops around First Birth," IZA Discussion Papers 1011, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kunze, Astrid, 2000. "The Determination of Wages and the Gender Wage Gap: A Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 193, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Per‐Anders Edin & Katarina Richardson, 2002.
"Swimming with the Tide: Solidary Wage Policy and the Gender Earnings Gap,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(1), pages 49-67, March.
- Edin, P.A. & Richardson, K., 1999. "Swemming with the Tide: Solidarity Wage Policy and the Gender Earnings Gap," Papers 1999:11, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Richardson, Katarina, 1999. "Swimming with the tide: solidarity wage policy and the gender earnings gap," Working Paper Series 1999:3, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Richardson, Katarina, 1999. "Swimming With the Tide: Solidarity Wage Policy and the Gender Earnings Gap," Working Paper Series 1999:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2003:i:71-72:p:09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1992. "The Gender Earnings Gap: Learning from International Comparisons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 533-538, May.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, Juni.
- Astrid Kunze, 2003. "Gender Differences in Entry Wages and Early Career Wages," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 71-72, pages 223-244.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2033:i:71-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Gaby Wunderlich, 2002.
"Gender Wage Differences in West Germany: A Cohort Analysis,"
German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(4), pages 379-414, November.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Wunderlich, Gaby, 2000. "Gender wage differences in West Germany: a cohort analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-48, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Zetterberg, Johnny, 1992. "Interindustry Wage Differentials: Evidence from Sweden and a Comparison with the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1341-1349, December.
- Kunze, Astrid, 2002. "The Evolution of the Early Career Gender Wage Gap," CEPR Discussion Papers 3242, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling and Earnings," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 41-63, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jane Waldfogel, 1998. "Understanding the "Family Gap" in Pay for Women with Children," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 137-156, Winter.
- Walter Korpi, 2000. "Faces of Inequality: Gender, Class and Patterns of Inequalities in Different Types of Welfare States," LIS Working papers 224, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
More about this item
KeywordsCulture; gender wage gap; Germany; Sweden; welfare state;
- N34 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: 1913-
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lis:liswps:586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piotr Paradowski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lisprlu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.