Multinational Corporations as Catalyst for Industrial Development. The Case of Poland
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carlo Altomonte & Laura Resmini, 2001. "Multinational Corporations as Catalyst for Industrial Development: The Case of Poland," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 368, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1998. "Regional adjustment to trade liberalization," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Mary Amiti, 1999. "Specialization patterns in Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Jozef Konings, 1999.
"The Effect of Direct Foreign Investment on Domestic Firms: Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data in Emerging Economies,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
8699, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Konings, Jozef, 2000. "The Effects of Direct Foreign Investment on Domestic Firms: Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data in Emerging Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1998.
"Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography',"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 707-731, August.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1999.
"Localization Of Industry And Vertical Disintegration,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 314-325, May.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1995. "Localization of industry and vertical disintegration," Staff Report 190, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "Multinationals, Linkages, and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 852-873, September.
- Niles Hansen, 1993. "Producer Services, Productivity, And Metropolitan Income," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 23(3), pages 255-264, Winter.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1997. "How foreign investment affects host countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1745, The World Bank.
- Repkine, Alexandre & Walsh, Patrick Paul, 1999. "Evidence of European Trade and Investment U-Shaping Industrial Output in Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, and Romania," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 730-752, December.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995. "Industrial location and public infrastructure," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 335-351, November.
- Amiti, Mary, 1998. "New Trade Theories and Industrial Location in the EU: A Survey of Evidence," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 45-53, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcella Nicolini & Laura Resmini, 2006.
"The Impact of Mnes on Domestic Firms in CEECS: A Micro-Econometric Approach,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p411, European Regional Science Association.
- Resmini, Laura & Nicolini, Marcella, 2007. "Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Investment: The Role of Neglected Conditionalities," Papers DYNREG11, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Evguenia Bessonova & Konstantin Kozlov & Ksenia Yudaeva, 2003. "Trade Liberalization, Foreign Direct Investment, and Productivity of Russian Firms," DEGIT Conference Papers c008_009, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Resmini, Laura, 2002. "European integration and adjustment in border regions in accession countries," ERSA conference papers ersa02p193, European Regional Science Association.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Guagliano, Claudia, 2003. "Comparative study of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 223-246, June.
- Jota Ishikawa & Eiji Horiuchi, 2012.
"Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(281), pages 229-242, June.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & HORIUCHI Eiji, 2012. "Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets," Discussion papers 12014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Barbara M. Roberts & Steve Thompson & Katarzyna Mikolajczyk, 2008. "Privatization, Foreign Acquisition and the Motives for FDI in Eastern Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(3), pages 408-427, October.
- Wang, Daili, 2013.
[Foreign Direct Investment and the Entry of New Firms]," MPRA Paper 50984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladimír Benáček & Jiří Podpiera & Ladislav Prokop, 2006. "Command Economy after the Shocks of Opening up: The Factors of Adjustment and Specialisation in the Czech Trade," Working Papers IES 2006/20, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2006.
- Lefilleur, Julien & Maurel, Mathilde, 2010.
"Inter- and intra-industry linkages as a determinant of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 309-330, September.
- Julien Lefilleur & Mathilde Maurel, 2010. "Inter- and intra-industry linkages as a determinant of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00445888, HAL.
- Chidlow, Agnieszka & Salciuviene, Laura & Young, Stephen, 2009. "Regional determinants of inward FDI distribution in Poland," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 119-133, April.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic geography; FDI; transition economies;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2003-11-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IFN-2003-11-03 (International Finance)
- NEP-MFD-2003-11-03 (Microfinance)
- NEP-TRA-2003-11-03 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lic:licosd:9701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/licosbe.html .