The Rise and Fall of the World’s Largest Wine Exporter (And Its Institutional Legacy)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Meloni, Giulia & Swinnen, Johan, 2014. "The Rise and Fall of the World's Largest Wine Exporter—And Its Institutional Legacy," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 3-33, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jules Milhau, 1953. "L'avenir de la viticulture française," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 4(5), pages 700-738.
- Stéphane BECUWE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Bertrand BLANCHETON (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2012.
"The dispersion of customs tariffs in France between 1850 and 1913: discrimination in trade policy,"
Cahiers du GREThA
2012-13, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Stéphane Bécuwe & Bertrand Blancheton, 2014. "The Dispersion of Customs Tariffs in France between 1850 and 1913: Discrimination in Trade Policy," Post-Print hal-01134746, HAL.
- Pinilla, Vicente & Serrano, Raúl, 2008.
"The Agricultural and Food Trade in the First Globalization: Spanish Table Wine Exports 1871 to 1935 – A Case Study,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 132-148, December.
- Pinilla, Vicente & Serranoz, Raul, 2008. "The agricultural and food trade in the first globalisation: Spanish table wine exports 1871 to 1935 – a case study," Working Papers 42657, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Critz, José Morilla & Olmstead, Alan L. & Rhode, Paul W., 1999. "“Horn of Plenty”: The Globalization of Mediterranean Horticulture and the Economic Development of Southern Europe, 1880–1930," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(02), pages 316-352, June.
- Alessandro Stanziani, 2004. "Wine Reputation and Quality Controls: The Origin of the AOCs in 19th Century France," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 149-167, September.
- Meloni, Giulia & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"The Political Economy of European Wine Regulations,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 244-284, December.
- Giulia Meloni & Jo Swinnen, 2012. "The Political Economy of European Wine Regulations," LICOS Discussion Papers 32012, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Pinilla, Vicente & Ayuda, Maria-Isabel, 2002. "The political economy of the wine trade: Spanish exports and the international market, 1890 1935," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 51-85, April.
- repec:eme:rehizz:s0363-3268(2014)0000030004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scott Rozelle & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Success and Failure of Reform: Insights from the Transition of Agriculture," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 404-456, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jordi Planas, 2015. "State intervention in wine markets and collective action in France and Spain during the early twentieth century," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1503, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Maravall Buckwalter, Laura, 2017. "Factor Endowments and Farm Structure : Algerian Settler Agriculture During the First Globalization (1870-1914)," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 26085, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2015. "L’Histoire se répète. Why the liberalization of the EU vineyard planting rights regime may require another French Revolution (And why the US and French Constitutions may have looked very different wit," LICOS Discussion Papers 36715, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Kym Anderson & Joseph Francois & Douglas Nelson & Glyn Wittwer, 2016.
"Intra-industry Trade in a Rapidly Globalizing Industry: The Case of Wine,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 820-836, September.
- Kym Anderson & Joseph Francois & Douglas Nelson & Glyn Wittwer, 2016. "Intra-industry trade in a rapidly globalizing industry: the case of wine," Departmental Working Papers 2016-06, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Fabien CANDAU & Florent DEISTING & Julie SCHLICK, 2016. "How Income and Crowding Eects inuence the World Market for French Wines," Working Papers 2015-2016_8, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Mar 2016.
- Pedro Lains, 2017. "Portugal’s wine globalization waves, 1750-2015," Working Papers 0113, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean agriculture; wine history; regulation; appellations; institutions;
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- N44 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: 1913-
- N54 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: 1913-
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lic:licosd:32713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/licosbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.